Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Anyone know what these are for? >

Anyone know what these are for?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone know what these are for?

Old 03-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone know what these are for?

Anyone know what these shafts are for?? The q-tip is there for reference on how skinny they are. They are K&K Angel 405's.

And since I am posting arrows pics......here are my open stakes 3D arrows. They all weigh in at 316 grains. Pro 22's @ 28.25", w/ 2115 uni bushings and super g nocks, 80 grain glue ins, and mini blazers. They should be quick out of the Constitution at 61lbs. They should also be pretty rugged in the back end.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone know what these are for?

I used to use skinny little shafts like that when I was shooting FITA style you get less wind drift at longer ranges with the skinny shaft and with a heavy tip

Those 22's look good but boy do they drift when it is windy out, I was shooting mine last week in a 20 MPH cross wind it was not pretty

Mine weigh 314gr's and doing 272 through the crono out of my Constitution but that is with the magnock reciever, hooded ball peep string silencers and string loop 60lb 28" draw
Old 03-15-2006, 12:33 AM

Nice lookin' 3-D arrows there. . .

Should look smokin' out of that black Constitution of yours.

I am currently looking into a dozen target/3D arrows, I am a bit stumped at what I should get. . .

I like the nock set-up you have in yours. . .should be pretty stout.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

I used to use skinny little shafts like that when I was shooting FITA style you get less wind drift at longer ranges with the skinny shaft and with a heavy tip
Bingo! That is exactly what I am using these for. Much less expensive than X10's, ACE's, and lighter and skinnier than ACC's. These all weigh in exactly the same and the whole dozen spins out perfectly. They are all 373 grains. Some of the top shooters in this area have been harassing me to try to get me to start shooting field archery and FITA this year, so I will be giving it a chance in an attempt to learn something. I guess when you are shooting at 90 meters, it makes those 30/40/50 yard shots seem like chip shots. That's the theory anyhow.......
Old 03-15-2006, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy
Those 22's look good but boy do they drift when it is windy out, I was shooting mine last week in a 20 MPH cross wind it was not pretty

Mine weigh 314gr's and doing 272 through the crono out of my Constitution but that is with the magnock reciever, hooded ball peep string silencers and string loop 60lb 28" draw
Hah.......I don't worry too much about wind drift round here for 3D. Most of our shoots are in the woods and it is VERY rare to have a day where that affects arrows in the woods around here. Being able to cut lines though is nice.

274fps? I was getting 283 out of my constitution with 356 grain pro 22's last week at 29 3/8" draw and 60lbs with a hooded peep and loop........274 seems a bit slow? Does magnock slow it down that much?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you shoot any partner or team shoots they are going to hate you with those hidden colors.....better make a bright one.....I keep one black arrow in my quiver when I shoot with guys with arrows like yours.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:50 AM

Having not kept up with all the target equipment of late I'd have to take an educated guess on those skinny carbons. One indication also is that they are made in Korea. Therefore I'm going to say that they are possibly shafts used by the Korean Olympic team to compete and often beat a lot of the shooters from the good ole USA. How close am I?

And for info I also use the Pro 22's. Just removed my GT pin nocks and got the 2115 bushings for them. Have yet to install them as I've been working with some Ultralite 500's while waiting for my new rest.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess when you are shooting at 90 meters, it makes those 30/40/50 yard shots seem like chip shots.
90 meters dont sound all that far but when you are using a Olympic style recurve you get a lot of arch

But yes the close in shots are easier but your form still has to be on

Does magnock slow it down that much?
Maybe what I should have done was do a speed test before and after putting the reciever on but at the time we never had the crono just might have to do that next week

I don't worry too much about wind drift round here for 3D.
You should have come down to Abeline for the Windy Nationals opsI mean the Winter Nationals my buddy went to it and said it was blowing like a SOB unfortunately I had to work but it was blowin hard here as well.

If you shoot any partner or team shoots they are going to hate you with those hidden colors.....better make a bright one.....I keep one black arrow in my quiver when I shoot with guys with arrows like yours.
Rob.

I also shoot with the so called hidden arrows and wish that eveyone else did I hate seeing bright colors in the target specially if they are out side the 11 or 10 ring they seem to be a magnet for my arrows

Therefore I'm going to say that they are possibly shafts used by the Korean Olympic team to compete and often beat a lot of the shooters from the good ole USA.
They beat more than the USA shooters its been a long time since the Koreans have not dominated the Olympics.

Did you know that when Koreankids join thearchery school they dont get to actually hold a bow for about 3 yearsand people wonder why they are so dedicated to the sport.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

No worries, I have one w/ all white fletchings.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BF1947

Having not kept up with all the target equipment of late I'd have to take an educated guess on those skinny carbons. One indication also is that they are made in Korea. Therefore I'm going to say that they are possibly shafts used by the Korean Olympic team to compete and often beat a lot of the shooters from the good ole USA. How close am I?
Very close......... That's exactly what they are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.