Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Getting started in 3-d >

Getting started in 3-d

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Getting started in 3-d

Old 03-05-2006, 06:02 AM

Default Getting started in 3-d

How did you get started in 3-D. Did you know someone who was already shooting and they took you along? Did you join a club? Or did you just show up at a shoot and go for it?
I have debated for a long time getting involved in some competitive shooting, but always make some excuse. I started a little club amoungst friends at the house to shot different games, just to keep our skills up and keep from getting bored at just shooting the bull out of a target. Or tearing up a 3-D. But would really like to take it up a level. Any suggestions on where to get started?
Old 03-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Getting started in 3-d

If you have local clubs, join one. Most clubs are VERY friendly and will help new people. Make buddies with one or two that are already familiar with the ropes and then tag along with them. This would be my suggestion. It is a great sport, I absolutely love it and can't wait for season to open here. About one month..........
Old 03-05-2006, 05:58 PM

Default RE: Getting started in 3-d

I agree with Rick James about joining a local club. You can learn alot just by being around different shooters and most will help you on just about anything they can. As for me I just decided to go and shoot by myself, I couldn't get anybody to go with me. I was shooting the bowhunter class and got put in a group with three pros and one open class lady. I was a nervous reck but by the end of the tournament I was amazed at how well the lady and the pros could judge yardage and shoot. That was two years ago and I have moved up to the open class and finishing in the top 5, I am hooked. Don't be afraid to go and shoot the tournaments they are not as difficult as you would think and don't think you are not good enough to shoot in them because most of the people are just like you and I. It's not about winning it's about going and having a good time and meeting new friends that enjoy doing the same things you do,shooting a bow!!!!