Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How different do your broadheads fly? >

How different do your broadheads fly?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How different do your broadheads fly?

Old 02-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default How different do your broadheads fly?

I havn't hunted with my bow yet, but at 11 yards my broadheads are hitting about 4 inches to the right compared to my field points. I'm wondering how your broadheads impact at various distances compared to your field points? I'm shooting a Hoyt Raider Powerflex at 60 lbs., 29" draw. Arrow weight is 448 grains with the broadhead or field point. The broadheads are Muzzy125 3 blade and Crimson Talon mechanical broadheads.

I havn't tried any distance greater than 11 yards yet but find it fascinating that the impact is off that much at such a short distance.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:56 PM

Default RE: How different do your broadheads fly?

I am shooting the Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts and they fly exactly the same as my fieldpoints. It makes things alot easier.....
Old 02-27-2006, 09:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

You need to do some more tuning to get your BH's and FP's closer together. With the BH's hitting 4" to the right you should move your rest to the left to bring them closer together. Your arrow is starting out right before it ever leaves the string. When you screw on a fixed blade head it will magnify any imperfections in your tune or form.

There is no reason that you should be that far off at only 11 yards. That much might be acceptable for me if I were shooting at 50 yards or so.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would start by measuring everything on the bow itself. Brace height, ATA, cam timing and Tiller. If it's out and you are not comfortable bringing it back to factory specs yourself or don't have access to a press take in to a shop. Then I would shoot it through paper. A bad tear will point you to a quick solution for moving your rest and nock point. Then get yourself some Slick Tricks and you should be good to go.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/TUNING.html
follow my link, you should have your field points and broadheads shooting much closer together at longer distances in no time.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

I would have to say that i have never had a change in my shooting between my muzzys and my field points

Old 02-28-2006, 09:11 PM

Don't change a thing . . . yet!
What arrows are you shooting? My broadheads were doing the same thing and my bow guru said it was an improperly spined arrow shaft for the bow set-up I am shooting. I think he said if they were shooting right, then the spine was too stiff. I have shaft dislexia . . . so don't quote me. (lol)
I was fortunate because all I had to do was have about 2" cut off the ashafts and that worked.
It is absolutely imperative however that your bow is tuned to perfection. Consult an expert, even if it costs you.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

i shoot slicktricks and they fly just like my fieldtips
Old 03-01-2006, 01:16 PM

Yep, got me some Tekan II's and they also fly just like my fieldtips.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:30 PM

Get to the shop and do some paper tuning. Something is outta whack somewhere. They may never hit EXACTLY with you FPs, but they should be closer than that at 11 yards. Something isn't right.

Quick Reply: How different do your broadheads fly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.