Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need advice on pendulum sight >

Need advice on pendulum sight

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need advice on pendulum sight

Old 02-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need advice on pendulum sight

All i've heard is that keller does a pretty good job. But i've never had any experience with them.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCYankee

Bend at the waist and forget the pendulum sight...the less moving parts the better (and quieter)!
It has nothing to do with bending at the waist. I have been hunting for long enough to know how to bend at the waist. I go 25 ft. up in a tree it is the angle thing I am trying to eliminate, not the anchor point.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:47 PM

In my opinion, it'sall about the anchor point! With the speed of today's bows, how much influence does gravity have on a 20 yard shot? When my anchor point from an elevated position is consistent with that of a level shot, my pins are dead-on...It can't be just me!
Old 02-24-2006, 12:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK at 8 yds 20 ft up where do you have to aim? At 15 yds? at 22 yds? At 30 yds? Wouldnt it just make sense to use the same pin all the time without having to compensate. Does to me. Yes I use 1 pin out to 30 yds now and it works. But at 30 I nees to shoot a bit high unless im shooting down the ridge of course. At 10 yds I have to shoot low unless im shooting up the ridge. Just trying to eliminate all the figuring. I am getting older ya know.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:15 AM

Im with TeeJay on this one I dont want to have to worry about a geometry lesson to try to figure out where to aim. With the penedulum just put the pin where it goes and let her rip. I have shot over too many deer in the past. I have not missed one since I put the penedulum on. You can always buy one of the new Leupold rangefinders that have a built in level in them. They tell you how far the animal is and what the angle is and what the distance you have to aim at.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:11 AM

TeeJay,
I'll take your word for it! I never saidthat pendulum sightsdidn't work...just that I personally didn't see the need for one. At anything under 20 yards,my twenty yard pin is dead-on, so I really don't have to do much figuring. Although I will admit, if a deer isfive yards from your tree and you're 25 feet up, it would be sort ofhard to bend that much!Maybe I'll try one! How do they work at ground level at 40 yards?
If there are any Trophy Ridge reps out there who want to send me a Mantis to try out, I promise if I like it I'll sing praises!...just kidding (no I'm not).
Old 02-24-2006, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im thinking on the savage. Which has the adjustable arm like the TR Mantis. I have lost and missed deer because of the geometry thing.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I must be lucky because I have a single pin fixed sight that is accurate out to 30 yard from ground or tree. I might be two inches high at 15 yards from a tree but for hunting thats okay. The arrrow enters high and comes out low. I shoot a 70 pound razortec with cx300 arrows and 100 gr slick tricks. Its nice to only have one pin. Less distraction....
Old 02-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Savage is the brand, there are a couple slightly different models. Kellers are good, but were much noisier compared to the savage.
Savage QC Ranger, can be used on the ground or in a stand.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is the one I am buying!

Quick Reply: Need advice on pendulum sight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.