Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Dropaway cord and letoff >

Dropaway cord and letoff

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dropaway cord and letoff

Old 02-17-2006, 04:27 PM

Default Dropaway cord and letoff

When I set up my bow originally, I tied my dropaway into my cable slide. I'd rather have it tied into my down cable though so I can fine tune the time it raises better. When I tied it into the cable and got it setup, it seems that I lost some letoff. Can i give the string a twist/untwist to regain some of the letoff without adjusting my stop peg?

The bow in question is a Liberty.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dropaway cord and letoff

Since it is tied to your down cable you either need to lengthen it or ajust the peg because if you twist or untwist the cable you will be moving the drop away cord also so it would through that out of wack. I had a dropzone on my Allegaince and the pro shop tied it to the down cable. The I changed the cams to the 30" ers and the guy at the shop checked the letoff and it was below 65% in the 80% spot so he twisted or untwisted the cable to try and get it to 80% and he couldn't so I suggested removing the rest cord from the down cable to the slide(He told me that would make no diff.) Well after he done that he almost locked the bow up!!!!! If it where me I would move the peg or just go back to having it on the slide.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:22 PM

it sounds like the rest is coming up too soon and the cord is putting pressure on your cable.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:19 PM

The only thing about putting in or taking out twist is getting your axle to axle length and brace height out of wack.