Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 My Tribute has landed!!!! >

My Tribute has landed!!!!

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

My Tribute has landed!!!!

Old 02-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default My Tribute has landed!!!!

Well folks I went and done it and bought a Tribute last week and I have it in my hot little hands today! I plan on dressing her out with a TR DropZone rest, TR Mantis hunter Pendulum sight, NO-Peep, Bowtech Wildthing Stabilizer and string loop with 3-49 a/c/c arrows with 100gr tips. She is 30" and maxs out at 62lbs. What kind of speed do you think I will get out of her? Is there really any need for an STS on this bow because the one I shot at the shop was dead quiet?
Old 02-14-2006, 12:11 PM

Default RE: My Tribute has landed!!!!

I'll guess you'll see around 285 fps with the speed mods if your arrow weight is around 430 grains. I've been shooting my Old Glory and Tribute off and on now for a while and I'm not sure which one shoots better for me! Both are very accurate and forgiving for sure
Old 02-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a beautiful setup and I personally see no need for an STS on a Tribute.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with Greg, no need for a STS...When I tested the Tribute, Allegiance, Trykon and Switchback,

I shot the Tribute using ACC 3-49's weighing in at 381...now mind you it was a 28" draw, not 30 and it was 70 lbs not 62 and was getting 291...take in consideration your draw is two inches longer with just 8 pounds less, you'll push the 290 mark easy. Let us know.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm jealous!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:55 AM

im happy you got a great bow. ill bet you dial in around 280 . i have one question for our bowtech guys. i am a bowtech die hard i have loved them since they came out. i have had a black knight and now a patriot. why did bowtech discontinue the patriot? the tribute all be it a great bow is only a couple of inches shorter and is slower than the patriot. i am just disapointed the patriot was dropped. i love mine . its like seeing your favorite running back retired before his time. i shoot 68 lbs and im pushing 319 with my setup for tourneys and 296 on my hunting setup. still congrats on your tribute i bet its gonna be a tack driver.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gonzo, I kinda know what you mean... but if you see some of the posts around here where I stated that the one remaining bow that I would absolutely LOVE to have is the Diamond Victory ... It's the Patriot moved to the Diamond bow, with -- I believe -- even sexier and better-looking riser cutouts.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I to like the Tribute,I ordered a 80 lbone, it will be here in March.I hope to get around 315 with it shooting a 390 gr arrow(78 lbs draw).

It is true bowtech did and dose drop some of there bows into the Diamond group,like the Victory.
BBJ
Old 02-15-2006, 02:26 PM

i had a diamond undertaker and a machete they were awsome bows but now every one is downing diamond as being bowtechs cheap line of bows. i dont think bowtech would make a cheap bow . cheap as in craftmanship the price maybe less but i bet the quality is still good.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, you will love it.

Shane

Quick Reply: My Tribute has landed!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.