Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whisker Biscut and long range shooting >

Whisker Biscut and long range shooting

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscut and long range shooting

Old 02-15-2006, 01:11 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscut and long range shooting

ORIGINAL: BareBack Jack

Mil-Dot,
Sorry for the refrence I was going for a visual,not the exact measurments.
I have a question for you,I see you shoot CT Whitetails how do you like them?
I like them very much. They have given me the best accuracy from the limited arrows I have tested thus far. [:-]I have a few issues I'm working on with them as we speak. When I get to the bottomof it, I will be buying more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gibblet,

Carbon Tech says I'm the first to have the complaint we talked about earlier. Go figure...now I'm sticking out like a sore thumb in our little archery community we have over here. I should have never even brought it up to them. Now the dealer is involved and here we goooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Mil-Dot.

They are reletivly new over here,nobody I know shoots them.So I was looking for some info.
BBJ
Old 02-16-2006, 09:02 PM

Ok so I have been shooting a whisker biscuit QS for just over 2 years now and I shoot groups with my reflex excursion from 80-60 yards I am in a 6" circle 50-35 Im in a 4" circle and 35 and in im in about a 2" circle, And I do shoot blazer vains which hold up alot better that duravains, or quikspins (which my biscuit eats alive). But I just sold my excursion and im getting a new trykon this week so I will have to post my findings with the bisquit on that bow.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

my opinion: NO
Old 02-17-2006, 04:37 AM

I regularly shoot broadheads at 60 yards using a WB. The flight is exactly as I expect. They shoot as good as I do. An arrow doesn't shoot well at 20 yards and poorly at longer ranges. The instant the arrow leaves the bow, it's on it's own. It's either flying good at all ranges or it's not. If it's not, your arrow set-up or bow tune is not good.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shaft_lover

i just let out an air biscuit a couple minutes ago
air biscuit too funny!

I havent shot them out that far, i know at least 30 yards on mine, guess this year i will try for 40 or more to get ready for IBO!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

Hunter, did you read what Bareback Jack said above. Uh, Hello. That pretty much tells the WB accuracy story don't you think?
Ahhh no , not even close actually!

The average archer would be amazed at the difference in accuracy at long ranges between the WB and a shoot through rest or a good drop away rest.

But , the WB army will show up here and swear I'm wrong or I'm a below average archer so you'll just have to find out for yourself.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Site Bouncer

My experience with it is that it is very accurate out to 50-60yds Ido not normally shoot further than that so I cannot speak of it's accuracy past that yardage but I do practice at the 50-60yd range. I believe some will have outstanding accuracy at even longer distances but I also believe that's the exception and not the norm. I don't think it was intended as a target/competition rest and Ifeel other types rests will be better suitedfor that type of shooting. But for hunting ranges, as long as you do your job it will do it's.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: buckhunter12

Well i know there are hundreds of questions and comments on here about this rest, but i dont think ive really heard anyone say anything about shooting longer distances with this rest. I know they shoot great at 20-30 yards but ive never seen anyone shoot much past that. Has anyone shot theres at say 40,50, even 60 yards with the same results as the closer ranges? How well do blazers hold up through the biscut too? Thanks all
The average guy with a properly tuned bow shooting the correct spine arrow for the bow will realize 1" diameter groups at 10yards, 2" at20yards, 3" at30yards, 4" at 40yards, and 5" at 50yards.

Pros like Jeff Hopkins can shoot 80yards with the biscuit and keep inside an 1 1/2" at 80yards.

Using rubber blunt-tipped arrows and shooting at 100yards I have gotten 10-12" groups with the biscuit.

I have shot the B-2 whisker biscuit using a Hooter-Shooter to hold the bow and it shot the arrow into the exact same hole twelve times in a row at 35yards.

Accuracy at long range is going to be a combination of skill and balanced tuned equiptment.

If the bow is tuned to shoot the arrow through the center of the biscuit it will be accurate. If the bow is tuned to fling the arrow sideways or to send the arrow downward or upward against the rest it will not be as accurate. A tuned bow will make a difference.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>