HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   best fingers arrow rest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/132882-best-fingers-arrow-rest.html)

cabage 02-13-2006 08:24 PM

best fingers arrow rest

my roomate is having some problems with his arrow rest shaving fletchings. he currently has a bdoodle trophy hunter i think. it has three metal prongs at 2 six and ten oclock. I told him to get a wisker buisckut but he thinks it will slow the arrow to much. He is shooting a carbons out of a buck masters q32. what do you guys think?

cabage

reflex03 02-13-2006 08:43 PM

RE: best fingers arrow rest

I shoot CX's out of a whisker biscuit and they shoot great!!!

Arthur P 02-14-2006 06:54 AM

You asked for opinions on what's THE BEST fingers rest. IMO, the WB isn't even a decent fingers rest. I've heard a few guys say they work for fingers but I remain strongly unconvinced. I won't go into the details because you can't honestly discuss the wb without being accused of bashing. :eek:

It's darn hard to beat a flipper rest as top dog for fingers. I used the Cavalier FreeFlyte Micro for several years. Golden Key Futura is another besides Cavalierthat keeps a good selection of fingers rests in their inventory. They've got several excellent flipper rests.

They also still have some other old standbys, like the Star Hunter, Hunmaster Supreme, even several varieties of springie rests. I am a big fan of the springie also. It'san excellent fingers rest, but only if you shoot feathers.

BobCo19-65 02-14-2006 07:11 AM

This used to be my favorite for compound using fingers:

Golden Key Futura Huntmaster

bullethole 02-14-2006 06:07 PM

QAD Ultra Rest is a great fingers rest. Team Fitzgerald shoots it with fingers.

cabage 02-14-2006 09:16 PM

what about a fallaway? are they compatible with fingers? i have one but i shoot release, i love it

Sniper151 02-15-2006 12:23 AM

The best for fingers is a magnetic wire rest. Launchers and the infamous Wisker Biscuit will not give you the stability or adjustability for finger release.
The best: Gold Key Untra Track with a Cavilier cushion plunger. With this combination you have max adjustability for both arrow spine andclearence. Other choices, the Cavilier Free Flight rest and the Terry DLX.

Arrroman 02-16-2006 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: cabage

my roomate is having some problems with his arrow rest shaving fletchings. he currently has a bdoodle trophy hunter i think. it has three metal prongs at 2 six and ten oclock. I told him to get a wisker buisckut but he thinks it will slow the arrow to much. He is shooting a carbons out of a buck masters q32. what do you guys think?

cabage
The whisker biscuit works great with a finger release.

The newer B-2 whisker biscuit has zero speed loss compared to the rest your roomate uses now.

Use the correct spine arrow for the bow.

When shooting a bow with a finger release the string rolls off the fingers away from the bow, that means the nock travel will also be away from the centerline of the bow, and the optimum windage position for the rest will probably be about an 1/8" to the outside of the centerline of the bow for the bow to shoot its narrowest groups.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>