Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Anyone built their own paper-tuning rack? >

Anyone built their own paper-tuning rack?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone built their own paper-tuning rack?

Old 02-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anyone built their own paper-tuning rack?

Anyone ever built their own? Or know of any good plans on the internet? I know I could simply google it, but I really wanted to hear of some first-hand experience from someone here...

I'm trying to visualize how I would rig up a couple "tension bars" at the bottom above where the roll of butcher paper would be (I'm guessing some sort of butcher paper would be the thing to have; if anyone's got any suggestons, let me know.), as well as the best way to attach the paper to the top after you've stripped off a new "window's" worth of paper to shoot through again.

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-11-2006, 10:30 PM

Default RE: Anyone built their own paper-tuning rack?

2 green metal fence posts with a broom handle taped across them, then with a $5 bag of clamps from wally world, clamp a piece of newspaper to the broomstick, then clamp the bottom of the paper to a smaller broom stick so it hangs taut. i know its a little technical, but i think you could do it
Old 02-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

I use a crude frame my brotherinlaw welded for me at work, but like I said, its crude. I have to stretch paper across all 4 directions and use tape.[:-]

Greg, I've been meaning to do it myself, but most guys I know that build their own paper tuning frames use pvc pipe. What is neat is the top pvc pipe going across can be pulled apart thereby placing a roll of paper from top to bottom. Using 1 pvc tee at the bottom on each side enables a stand for the frame. Man, I have got to make one.....getting tired of stretching paper and using tape.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might get some ideas here.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/discus/messages/80205/357622.html?1139499265
Old 02-12-2006, 07:17 PM

We built a 2'x2' box, put wheels on it and from each corner ran a 2x4 up. About 1' from the bottom we ran 2x's perpindicular the uprights and attached a 1" dowel rod. At the top, we attached another 2x perp. again, then 2 more across spaced about an inch apart. We run the paper up through the 2" space and use wedged to hold the paper. Wow, I'm not sure I even understand what I just said. Let me see if I can draw a picture or something.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, I'm not sure I even understand what I just said. Let me see if I can draw a picture or something.

Thanks, I would appreciate that!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

This a a great topic, interested to see a few of the ideas out there as I want to make one for myself also.

Shane
Old 02-13-2006, 04:27 PM

I took four Pisces of wood 2'longx11/2" wide and 1/4" thick. With a wing nut and bolt attach together clamping paper in between .One for the bottom and for the top,the only thing holding them together is the paper. In the top one put 2 eye hole screws in which to hang it from. I hang mine under my deck and my target bag 5 or 6' in further. Fairly simple
Old 02-13-2006, 04:58 PM

Greg here is a picture of mine. Made from 2x4 and 1x4 with wedge shaped pieces to hold the paper in place. The paper is a roll of masking paper used for painting. It is help in place with pvc pipe and pipe clamps. Brian

Old 02-14-2006, 02:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

PVC pipeing. You can dismantle it if ever needed and doesn't cost much and use acut off strip from a box of wax paper you get at the grocery store. You have all the corner joints and the inline joint for the bass. At the top use 2 pieces of furingand use wing nuts to adjust them but drill through the top rail and mont them there with long bolts and nuts. The paper will slide between the two strips and you can pull it through and tear it off asneeded.

Quick Reply: Anyone built their own paper-tuning rack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.