Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whisker Biscuit help settle an argument >

Whisker Biscuit help settle an argument

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit help settle an argument

Old 02-09-2006, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default Whisker Biscuit help settle an argument

OK here is the deal me and a buddy are having an on going friendly argument about the whisker biscuit. Here is my point of veiw it would seem to me to be less accurate and forgiving than a fall away rest. The reason I say this is shorter brace height bows are harder to shoot accuractly and are less forgiving because the arrows on the string longer. Now the Biscuit makes it so the arrow is in contact with the bow until it reaches the shelf there for making like an extremly short brace height bow and also making hand torque to effect the shot more. His point of veiw is just the opposite because his reasoning is the arrow will leave the bow faster than his hand will move and it makes a great arrow holder (which I do agree with this) So how is right or wrong or both.
BTW I am in no way bashing the rest this IJMHO
Old 02-09-2006, 04:11 AM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit help settle an argument

Now you gone and done it!

My opinion - if tuned properly and I'm shooting an arrow that is set up correctly, the WB will shoot an arrow as accurately as I'll ever need. Whether it's better or worse than a fall a way, I'll never know, because I'll never shoot a fall a way for hunting. Whether I'm practicing or shooting 3d, my bows are setup how I hunt with them, including the arrows (with the exception of the broadheads).

The bottom line - the WB is a great hunting rest. It's easily as accurate as the archer using it.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

This argument has been going back and forth ever since the whackybasket came on the market. It's not going to be settled.

As far as I'm concerned, I like the simplicity of the thing. And there is no way an arrow can fall off of it, that's for certain. It's not something I'd use though.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its a great rest!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Typical Buck

IMO the inherent accuracy of a rest is subject to the person using it. Shooting style and form vary from person to person and even the slightest differences can cause specific rests to be more accurate from one shooter to the next. This is where your brace height argument comes into play. Actually, the trick is finding the perfect rest for you. I love the WB and shot it for a while. I then tried a DZ and my accuracy got worse - honest. I went back to a biscuit and was fine. Now I've had a $30 GWS drop-away on since last summer and my accuracy has went through the roof for me. So, the way I see it, the WB can be extremely accurate; for those whose shooting style it compliments; however it is accurate enough for almost all hunters who shoot within their known limits.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:05 AM

Bigcountry25,

I agree with your side of the debate; however if I knew for a fact all my shots were going to be 35 yards or less, I would have a WB on my bow and some strong vanes on my arrows. Everything beyond 35 yards gets a quality drop away with full containment.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The rest will be very accurate. Jim Despart shot a 450 - 40+X vegas face target with a whisker biscuit in a shop down the road from me. This is all theory when people start saying this accessory is better than that one............buy the rest you like and shoot it. 99.99999% is the shooter, don't get lost in the numbers, specs, and latest greatest gadgets. The real problem if you aren't hitting what you are aiming at is the shooter, not the equipment.

I have one of the nicest (a little biased) bows in my indoor league. I get my butt whipped regularly by some of the guys that have been shooting 450 vegas targets w/ the same bow for 5-10 years. These guys are shooting 450 w/ 40+ X's regularly with their outdated equipment because they worked to perfect the most important part of their game.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd rather push my arrow through the "air" than through a brissle-brush!
Old 02-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are a lot of variables involved in getting a bow to shoot with a certain rest. IMHO, most bows will probably shoot a little better with a drop away that is properly set up and tuned. The drop away should, in theory, be a little more forgiving of minor form flaws or bow torque. Still can't get away with anything all that bad in terms of form though. Limited personal experience can really cloud the issue though. Last summer, I got a used Mathews Rival Pro to try out. The bow shot very well, when I was on my form, but seemed not as forgiving as my other bows. I also had trouble getting broadheads to fly. They kept dipping and diving with the 2.5" Vanetecs I had fletched with. The only arrows that seemed to fly really right with broadheads were the arrows with 4-3" Vanetecs, but they were still hitting just slightly low at 20 and nearly 2" low at 30. Moving the rest up from there just made the situation worse. I was able to improve the tune by going to a shoot through rest with that bow. Just out of curiosity, I put the same Whisker Biscuit on my Champion hybrid cam bow. In no time, I had broadheads flying just about perfect, even with the 2.5" Vanetecs, which gave me real trouble with the other bow. It would have been very easy to assume that the trouble with the first bow was the Biscuit if I hadn't had such good results with the second bow. I have seen bows with Whisker Biscuits shoot very well with broadheads out to 40 yards and beyond. I currently have one bow with a drop away rest, and another with the Biscuit, so I guess I haven't really decided this one. I haven't seen much real evidence to suggest the Biscuit is vastly inferior though.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:31 PM

If set up properly they are accurate. I wouldnt shoot 40 yrds w/ one. But I know peopple who shoot out too 30 yds. and are deadly. The only problem I have w/ them Is they wear out your vanes fast and you cant shoot feathers through them. Other than that its a good rest. I seen a couple of people shoot spots w/ them. 20 yds. is a chip shot. And its good enough for that!!!

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit help settle an argument

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.