HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Would Someone Settle My Brain? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/132109-would-someone-settle-my-brain.html)

LouisianaTomkat 02-07-2006 07:53 PM

Would Someone Settle My Brain?

What is the best? QAD Ultra Rest Hunter or Trophy Ridge DropZone? By the way I am a new member to the forums. Hi Yall. I am shooting an '05 Tomkat just purchased 3 weeks ago. Next season will be first bowhunt. Any opinions or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

Greg / MO 02-07-2006 09:21 PM

RE: Would Someone Settle My Brain?

Never shot either one, so I can't say anything...

except "Welcome to huntingnet.com!" :D

MilDotMaster 02-07-2006 09:55 PM

If you need a full containment drop away rest that will keep your arrow in the up position on slow let-down and one that has micro adjustability then my vote is for the QAD Ultra Rest Pro. It has been a great rest for me. If you need help getting it set-up their customer service is great and very helpful.

Bodean74 02-07-2006 10:21 PM

well i use a rip cord on my 06 tomkat and i like it reak good its easy and it will hold the arrow

BF1947 02-08-2006 07:16 AM

All the hype about which one is just that. If a drop-away is timed right and drops away at the shot then they are all the same. It raises the arrow to proper height at the draw. When shot it gets down out of the way. If it does this then it has done it's job and it doesn't matter which one you use. I've heard of various problems with all the rests and I still think that the problems arise from improper timing--most of the time.

I've used about a dozen different droppers from time to time just to try them and see how they work. Basically they all did fine. Some a little noisier than others, but anything mechanical is bound to make some noise.

Go to a shop and try them both. Decide for yourself. Then you'll know from YOUR experience and not from an opinion based on possibly very limited experience. Ask Lenny.

newman1 02-08-2006 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: MilDotMaster

If you need a full containment drop away rest that will keep your arrow in the up position on slow let-down and one that has micro adjustability then my vote is for the QAD Ultra Rest Pro. It has been a great rest for me. If you need help getting it set-up their customer service is great and very helpful.
Mildot,are you sure your not getting kickbacks from QAD?;).Just kidding:D

wisconsin 02-08-2006 05:03 PM

I'm going to try the ripcord,i've heard and read good things.

MilDotMaster 02-08-2006 05:25 PM

ORIGINAL: newman1

Mildot,are you sure your not getting kickbacks from QAD?;).Just kidding:D
[/quote]

My contract with them states I get $10 everytime I mention the word QAD.

QAD
QAD
QAD
QAD
QAD

See I just made $50. If you add the one up top I just made $60.:DJust kidding.

On a serious note...you would think with the beating I take, I should get paid. [:@]When I find something I believe in, I will always take a hit to recommend it. Thank God Ihave a good supportgroup around me daily and they have seenthe resultsofmy decisions. Negative hits or wordsfrom thisweb sight are just crumbs on the ground.Wait, Icould use another $10...QAD