Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dream Set-Up

Old 02-05-2006, 08:50 AM

Default Dream Set-Up

If money were no issue and you could get any equipment you wanted,what would it be.I am looking for a complete set-up,from bow to broadhead.Iknow most of you already have exactly what you want,but not evereybody is that fortunate.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:30 PM

Default RE: Dream Set-Up

I am one of those with four kids that cant afford a lot. I would have to to a lot of shops and try out some stuff. Right now I am pretty pleased with Bowtech. I cant afford the new ones so I pick them up used from the boys that can afford a new bow every year. Get a quality bow at a price I can afford.
Dont know on the bow would have to shoot some more. Definatly a Spot Hogg on the sight. Trophy Taker rest. Golp Tip pro shafts. Muzzys for broadheads and a Scott little bitty goose for a release. That would be my hunting rig.
Now for the target bow?? Just learning about this aspect so dont know.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm hoping to get mine pretty soon...2006 Hoyt ProTec w/ XT 3000 limbs. I am thinking trophy taker Drop Zone on the rest, Trophy Taker Mantis V-Drive sight, NAP Crossfire 125 broadheads, Carbon Express arrows, Scott Sabertooth release. I already have the release and broadheads from my current rig, but I am really liking the ProTec, so hopefully when the tax return comes through, it will be mine
Old 02-05-2006, 03:12 PM

I just got it Friday. 2006 UltraTec, Trophy Ridge Drop Zone, Cobra EZ Slide shooting a 3-60 A/C/C. I've waited a long, long time for a set up this sweet.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:21 PM

in a couple months i'll have a pic of mine, its in the works. starting with the constitution and the gkf infinity with tuning gauge. the rest is a little up in the air, but i'm going to get stuff 1 at a time so i can get what i want.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I put it together last month: 2006 BowTech Allegiance, 29" 70# in Realtree Hardwoods HD, Spot-Hogg Hunter Hogg-It sight, APA Safari Twister rest and 6" Stealth stabilizer finished in matching Hardwoods HD.

I was actually thinking sorta along your lines; I wasn't going to spare any expense in putting together my "dream bow"...
Old 02-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well, I'll have it soon with the purchase of an additional bow...currently I'm shooting my Dream Setup but nows it's time for another one...

Current Setup
Hoyt VorTec, Bodoodle Pro Lite, Hoyt MicroAdjustable Sight, 12" SuperStix, Easton ACC's with RM Snypers....

New: Either the New Hoyt Trykon, Bowtech Tribute/Allegiance or Mathews Switchback...testing them all heads up...and accessorizing them with, Viper PRO-MT Mircoradjustable sight, still researching rests and stabilizers....will shoot the Easton ACC's with RM Snypers....
Old 02-05-2006, 09:45 PM

Got mine 2 weeks ago. Hoyt Trykon XL, Trophy Taker drop away rest w/micros, TruGlo 5 Pin sight w/micros, and a Fuse Stabilizer for hunting(I use a homemade stabilizer for comp. use). A nice quitefast and accurate bow, with the trimmings.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:56 PM

So far I can't think of one thing I would change. Well, I take that back, I think my 60 and 70 yard pins should be changed to .019 instead of .029. I enjpy researching, so if I ever find something to change my mind, I will be replacing it.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:14 PM

Got it!

Hoyt Trykon
S-Coil
Copper John Deadnuts Hunter
NAP Smart Rest
Alpine Soft-Lock Quiver (3-arrow)
Sims Cable-guard Dampener

Quick Reply: Dream Set-Up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.