HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Drawlength question on new bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/131728-drawlength-question-new-bow.html)

akaSharkey 02-04-2006 06:34 PM

Drawlength question on new bow

I recently bought a 04 Bowtech Pro 40 with a freedom cam. This will be my target bow. It is way short at 29 inches with the draw stop set according to the manual. I can adjust the draw stop, but get a huge spongy valley. I want it set at spec. I guess I will go to my dealer and try out some different mods to get the right fit.
The thing that confuses me is my Bowtech Patriot dually fits me perfect at 29 inches. Is there that big of difference between bows? I thought draw lenght was draw length. Im confused. everything is in spec. ATA, tiller etc. I am using a F4 mod with my post set at 8.2. Brian

Cougar Mag 02-04-2006 06:41 PM

RE: Drawlength question on new bow

I am on my first Bowtech so I have no idea but..............on every bow I have ever owned I shoot a 29.5" draw. If I owned a Mathews Switchback I would have to buy a 29". I suppose on some bows its different just like shoes.:eek:

gibblet 02-05-2006 12:48 AM

it sounds like your cables are stopping it when you move the post back, and not the post itself. you'll know if this is happening if you're getting indent marks on your cables well above the rollover point. as far as the rest, i surely don't know why if everything is in spec. you may want to call bowtech, because there have been some spec misprints in the manuals before.

akaSharkey 02-05-2006 01:48 PM

Ill post some pics First pic of cam at full draw with draw stop against limb.

Next pic of Pro 40 at full draw set at 29 inches, its way short

Last picture of my Patriot Dually at full draw 29 inches fits just right. Oh well im off to the shop this week to see if we can get it straightened out.

hoyt3 02-07-2006 04:55 AM

y'know, I'd be interested to see what everyone says here. I have the same problem. my hoyt mt sport looks like sharkeys bottom pic. feels great. picked up my vtec yesterday, and the guy has me shooting like sharkeys top picture. I'm adjusting the length today, but I cannot see how the owner of the shop set me up this short. the release is barely at my mouth.

gibblet 02-07-2006 05:26 AM

hey sharkey, i don't know how to fix it, but i do know that if you let that bow hand go limp, you'll be amazed at what your pin does.

akaSharkey 02-07-2006 06:01 AM

Ill give that a try. Im self taught. so any advice helps. Thats why I bought the target setup. To start shooting more and join a legue, and hopefully improve and learn at the same time. My next big step is backtension. Anyway I have a email in to Pat at Bowtech to see if everything looks right.

dynatec 02-07-2006 04:19 PM

RE: Draw length question on new bow

I tell you one thing ,that pro 40 is one nice looking bow.The pro shop also set my bow up way to short ,fortunately it's easily adjusted.

Len in Maryland 02-07-2006 08:26 PM

RE: Draw length question on new bow

Form problems, as indicated by gibblet, is something that I see as well. Without seeing you in person, I'd hesitate to comment beyond that. Also, if you're 'assuming' that both bows are the same DL, that could be a big mistake.