HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Sight suggestions? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/130829-sight-suggestions.html)

PABowhntr 01-28-2006 06:40 PM

Sight suggestions?

I think it is time for me to upgrade to a new sight for my 3D bow. I had been using a simple Copper John 3 pin Deadnuts hunter but want to see what else is out there right now. I am not a hardcore 3D shooter but basically just use it to stay in good shooting form for hunting. With that approach in mind I prefer to keep my 3D setup as close as possible to a rig that I would use for hunting with some key exceptions. In terms of the sightI preferit to be extended a bit off the front of the riser and with relatively small pin head sizes... .029 is fine but something smaller would be even better. I would like to keep this under $100 as that is about all of the Cabelas points I have saved at the moment and money has been tight lately.

Suggestions?

Greg / MO 01-28-2006 07:27 PM

RE: Sight suggestions?

Well, your last statement ruled out what I was about to suggest...

I just picked up my first Spot-Hogg, a Hunter Hogg-It. Wow! I am really impressed at the infinite adjustability of this thing, including being able to set 2nd and 3rd axis... And this thing is literally built like a tank! I don't think I've ever seen such a sturdy sight before...

As soon as I get it dialed in, I know I'm gonna love this thing!

Matt / PA 01-28-2006 07:33 PM

If you are already familiar and happy with Copper John products, the CJ ProII and ProIII are both under $100.
The ProIII will do everything you'd need it to do for serious 3D or hunting including 3rd axis adjustment.

MilDotMaster 01-29-2006 01:33 AM

Only paid $119 for my Spot Hogg Hunter It sight. You can get it with .019 .029 or .039 pins. Well worth the extra cost. Another vote for the Spot Hogg Sights.

PABowhntr 01-29-2006 10:47 AM

Hmm, seems like the same choices as from the last year or two...Spott Hogg or Copper John. Guess I am going to have to go check out both and see which one suits me more.

Matt,

I think Mike picked up one of the new Copper John models. Not sure which one though. He will be shooting with me this Sunday.

Thanks folks.

Bodean74 01-29-2006 10:49 AM

dont forget about viper there great and tough sights

Greg / MO 01-29-2006 11:03 AM

Frank, there's quite a bunch of folks over on AT who are raving about some new sight called Sword... they're saying it's at least as tough and quite a bit cheaper; a bunch of folks are saying this is the new standard.

I've never seen one yet, personally, but it might be worth checking out at least.

XP35 01-30-2006 12:33 AM

Here is the sight I bought at Cabela's. PSE TopGun F-22. All metal, 5 pins, micro windage and elevation, 2nd and 3rd axis leveling, three mounting holes, two sets of quiver mounting holes and a quick-detach head. All for $70!! I opted for the 4 position rheostat light, but it's really not necessary. Probably the most under-rated and over-looked sight out there. REALLY tough to beat!

[/align]
[blockquote][/blockquote]

PABowhntr 01-31-2006 10:27 AM

Thanks folks. I am headed out tomorrow night so I will let you know what I end up with.

Kanga 01-31-2006 10:53 AM

Frank.

You should be able to pick up a Hogg-it on AT for around $125.