Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What is your Opinon? >

What is your Opinon?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What is your Opinon?

Old 01-26-2006, 10:18 AM

Default What is your Opinon?

Last September. I sent my Darton Cyclone in to get the cams fixed. I got a phone call and was told that the limbs where delaminated and that they where going to replace them. So I thought great. I get the bow back a month or so later because it was a target color and had to be order. No biggie it is hunting season. So I get the bow out the other day to sight it in. I shoot a few shoots through it just enough to make a tape before league starts the same day. On the second shot of league the limb breaks an hits the ceiling of the shop. So I find as much as I could and send it back to them. At first they want to charge me for new limbs. I got them to give me new limbs but they want $45 and shipping to fix it. They say that I should pay something. I think that since they just rebuild the bow that they should fix it and send it back. Am I wrong for thinking that or are they wrong.[/align]__________________[/align]
Old 01-26-2006, 10:42 AM

Default RE: What is your Opinon?

I work with warranty programs and there should always be some kind of limited warranty, especially within the first 90 days. The ones I work with are 6 months for parts and that covers freight charges. I don’t think you are asking for too much. If they keep giving you grief, just start making phone calls up the food chain. If they are a dealer, call their supplier etc. I would make them send me out a “call tag” with previously paid freight and pick-up. Good luck!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Spike

They should cover this without a doubt, a couple of arrows come on, sounds like they did something wrong that could have hurt you or somone around you
Old 01-28-2006, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldnt pay a dime. Its sounds like a faulty product to me. They should be paying you $45.00 for the hassle you are going through. I went through some crap 5 years ago when I broke a mathews limb. I know every companies limbs will sometimes break. But I expect great service from them also.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:28 AM

wouldn't pay a dime, not a dime, and if they don't soon come around there are some things you can do - like let them know about the threads you'll be starting to let people know about their customer service here and on AT. somebody could have gotten seriously hurt - and its lucky they didn't.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: gibblet

wouldn't pay a dime, not a dime, and if they don't soon come around there are some things you can do - like let them know about the threads you'll be starting to let people know about their customer service here and on AT. somebody could have gotten seriously hurt - and its lucky they didn't.

Good advice, and maybe a copy of Gibblets postvia email.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:46 AM

seems a few of my pm's and such have been getting copied and sent to different places
Old 01-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, I agree 100%... there's no excuse for that on their part.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

I was in my proshop las summer and a guy came in to get a new set of limbs for a BT Black Night. I sat there and watched the guy working there take the old limbs off and put the new limbs on. then the owner took the guy to his range to check the bow out.

After about 3 shots it sounded like someone shot a 12 ga off in the store. everybody went running back to the range and sure enough the bow blew up in the guys hand.

This guy was getting ready to go out west for the early elk season, and the owner new he would not get a set of limbs in time for this guy to go on his hunt. So he opened his whole inventory up for this guy to replace the bow. The owner did not inspect the bow or do anything to see if he could get out of fixing it.

Needless to say this guy went west with a brand new BT Liberty free of charge and replaced the limbs on the black night.

I am not going to say I think that every shop should go to this extent to make there customers happy. But this is my bow shop for as long as they are in buisness, just for that.

If I were you I would give this guy a week to come up with an answer or email Darton on why you are replacing there bow from another dealer.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:16 PM

I'd be barking up the tree, all the way to the top if I had to. That's horrible customer service.

Quick Reply: What is your Opinon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.