Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bowtech vs mathews >

bowtech vs mathews

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech vs mathews

Old 01-18-2006, 09:51 PM

Default bowtech vs mathews

ok one more how does the bowtech bows compare to the mathews ive owned a mathews but not bowtech and im leaning toward a bowtech i just need a little nudge i may go 2morow so please gimmie some info p.s im concerned about the two cam deal how hard is it to keep tuined and how it compares to the single cam on accuracy thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bowtech vs mathews

OK, I've shot Mathews for the past six years, and am just now switching to BowTech...

The great thing about the binary cam system is that they're slaved to each other... the system doesn't have a buss cable anchored to one of the limb tips. With the two cams only anchored to each other, they work as a single unit. Any imbalances are"auto-corrected", if you will.

A lot of people don't realize that a Mathews solocam still has to be tuned... And unless you buy a new XT with the Barracuda strings on it, you're going to have to buy an after-market string right away for the Mathews. Add in another $50 at least...

Throw in the interchangeability of the module system on the BowTechs where you can switch back and forth from "speed" mods to "smooth" mods without the aid of a bow press, and you've got a winner in my book!

I think I answered the accuracy question on your other thread; either bow is going to be more accurate than probably you or I would ever need it to be.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:15 AM

Pick the one that suits you best. There is nothing anyone can say that will prove one better than the other for your purposes and preferences.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

Pick the one that suits you best. There is nothing anyone can say that will prove one better than the other for your purposes and preferences.

Meaning pick one of BowTech models. That's why they make several model bows, to pick the one that suits you best. Having the best technology behind the cam system they use is not an opinion it's a fact. The best technology is always the best for everybody. If you don't like the best technology to help you make the best shot possible to cleanly kill your animal of choice, then go get a recurve. You can alsoput a feather in your hair, sleep in your TP, paint your face and shoot very small two blade arrowheads.

Yes I woke up in a mood today...and by the way, I'm 1/4 american indian so if you think the above comments were directed towards them, you are incorrect. They are directed toward all the recurve hunters. Get with the program people, we are talking about taking a life with this sport. If you don't like technology advancement, take it one step further, hang up your recurveand hunt deer with a rock. Maybe you can even bring your friends and you can all throw rocks during deer season!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:07 AM

ok, i have a question to of the botech shooters. it seems to me that the bow to compare to the mathews switchback or switchback xt is the bowtech tribute. what is the speed difference, hand buzz, ect.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

I am going to have to call BS on your comments mildot. If you are a good shooter, both bows will shoot with great accuracy. Just because it may be newer technology, doesn't necessarily mean it is better. I have killed plently of deer in my lifetime with much more archaic bows than the bow that are out there today.

Old 01-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MilDotMaster

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

Meaning pick one of BowTech models. That's why they make several model bows, to pick the one that suits you best. Having the best technology behind the cam system they use is not an opinion it's a fact. The best technology is always the best for everybody. If you don't like the best technology to help you make the best shot possible to cleanly kill your animal of choice, then go get a recurve. You can alsoput a feather in your hair, sleep in your TP, paint your face and shoot very small two blade arrowheads.

Yes I woke up in a mood today...and by the way, I'm 1/4 american indian so if you think the above comments were directed towards them, you are incorrect. They are directed toward all the recurve hunters. Get with the program people, we are talking about taking a life with this sport. If you don't like technology advancement, take it one step further, hang up your recurveand hunt deer with a rock. Maybe you can even bring your friends and you can all throw rocks during deer season!
If you are so concerned about the animals, why don't you just ditch the inferior string shooter andget aBIG FRICKINGUN and shoot that instead??? Give me a break.

If you know your limitations as well as the limitations of your weapon you will be fine.

Carefull, your starting to sound likesomebodywho has just come down with the "my bow isthe best" syndrome.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

my last mathews was the lx it was a piece of junk and I tried an outback but didnt like that either so I say bowtech all the way I will never own another mathew I couldnt even get 300 fps out of my lx with a 30/70 with my bowtech Im 320+ and thats chrono speed
Old 01-19-2006, 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Gut Check

I am going to have to call BS on your comments mildot. If you are a good shooter, both bows will shoot with great accuracy. Just because it may be newer technology, doesn't necessarily mean it is better. I have killed plently of deer in my lifetime with much more archaic bows than the bow that are out there today.
I was wondering how long it was going to take for somebody to get offended. Sounds like your ready to hunt with some rocks. They have about as much kinetic energy as the standardrecurve. Better yet, why not put down your 600 grain arrows and just get a big long spear and throw it at the deer.I want to see a show on the outdoor channel with a man hunting deer with a spear. Let's cut the scene where the animal is suffering for about 2 hours and thenturn the cammeras back on. "We don't need no stinking technology".

Oh sorry I'm getting off the topic over here. My point is YES, technology is better.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Site Bouncer

I was wondering how long it was going to take for somebody to get offended. Sounds like your ready to hunt with some rocks. They have about as much kinetic energy as the standardrecurve. Better yet, why not put down your 600 grain arrows and just get a big long spear and throw it at the deer.I want to see a show on the outdoor channel with a man hunting deer with a spear. Let's cut the scene where the animal is suffering for about 2 hours and thenturn the cammeras back on. "We don't need no stinking technology".
I wonder how much Kinetic energy your medieval bow has vs a 300 win mag??? Last time I checked Gunpowderhas beeninvented.

Oh sorry I'm getting off the topic over here. My point is, some people need to open their eyes and realize what they THINK is cutting edge technology is archaic compared to other forms of weapons.

Quick Reply: bowtech vs mathews

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.