Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Patriot owners, past and present........ >

Patriot owners, past and present........

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot owners, past and present........

Old 01-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Patriot owners, past and present........

I agree about the draw cycle on the Patriot Dave, its hard to beat. I almost dropped some cash for a new Mathews Switchback.....the two I tried out are very dead in the hand and very accurate, but I didn't really care for the draw cycle on them, plus they were not all that fast. Its gonna be awhile until I get it set right.........taking my rest to work Monday and have 1/16" milled off my rest bracket. My QAD Ultrarest won't quite extend far enough out for centershot, although its very close.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:02 AM

I'm a real fan of Patriots, owning both a 02 and a 03. Both are 70lb/29ds/SC. They are smooth, quiet, fast and accurate. While they are approximately 20fps slower than my allegiance when shooting the same 400g arrows, they are still a joy to shoot and I shoot them weekly. In any event, a 400g arrow at 270fps+ is plenty fast. The draw on the binary cams has taken some time getting used to. Every time I shoot the Pats, I'm amazed at how smooth they are. While it is hard to justify the need for two back ups, I can't bring myself to selling one--I'd rather keep it than get what its worth on the used bow market. I'm hoping, in a few years, my boy will grow out of his martin jaguar and into one of the Pats--it will be easier to rationalize keeping them. I would venture that used Patriots are the best buy on the used bow market these days as many bowtech junkies are looking trade their iinfity cams in for the new binary cam bows. You just can't go wrong with a Patriot!
Old 01-27-2006, 07:58 AM

Cougarmag, I am currently on my second Patriot an '05. I have shot the other new BT's and they are impressive. I just can't seem to find a rig that fits me so well! I did shoot the new equilizer and for my short 26" draw it might be one I pick up in the future. Hard to beat the Patriot. At 71lbs. it sure doesn't feel like. Smooth and that classic, awesome backwall!

Blessings - Lance
Old 01-31-2006, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

I have an 04 patriot and I think it is one of the best bows ever made. The best cold weather bow I think you will find. The draw force curve is awsom and that draw stop. It is almost like an anchor point in itself.

The only problem I have had with mine is creeping. The first year I had it I shot it in the extreme heat and the Ts-1 sretched like crazy. I was in the shop once a week twisting strings and cables to keep it in time. I did not shoot much last year, so this year I am going to put custome strings and cables on it, maybe even have it "crackerized" before I shoot at all this year.

The only thing I can say about this bow is if it has factory strings on it "keep an eye on the timing marks". Or just get a custom string and cables put on it.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Although I have hardly put any shots through my new '05, I like the string but will have it reserved later this week. I like my center serving to be a tad thicker.

When my cable/string needs replace I am going to give Gibblet a call.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

...no name change yet.
I don't think it's quite as necessary as mine was... Heck, I followed your posts for two years before I realized Cougar Mag was actually a type of bow! I just thought you loved the cats and had combined some love of revolvers with it or something... like Cardeer did his or something like that.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

Had a Patriot for two years now and I have no complaints. Customer service is great and the bow puts arrows where I pull the trigger. Now if I could just get over my target panic, I'd be fine. I just went from 70lb to 60lb limbs feeling no need for a whole new bow. I did have my firstset of limbs crack, but Bowtech hooked me with free replacementsquickly.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Spike

Letting go of my 03' Pat Dually was one of the dumbest things I've ever done. I do like the Switchback I recently picked up but it doesn't have anywhere near the speed. I do like the Bowtech system.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

mrfritz, if you don't mind might I ask-

What are your 60# limbs pulling and what speeds are they producing?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

The patriot is awesome. I actually just ordered a Diamond Victory. This is virtually the Patriot but under the Diamond name and better balanced. This bow cannot be beat especially for the price. SO if you are looking for a new patriot type of bow that would be your best bet. Good luck

Quick Reply: Patriot owners, past and present........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.