Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Any negatives to EZE Wraps on arrows? >

Any negatives to EZE Wraps on arrows?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Any negatives to EZE Wraps on arrows?

Old 01-11-2006, 04:06 PM

Default Any negatives to EZE Wraps on arrows?

I can use the 10 grains of weight on rear of my arrows. So besides weight are there any negatives to using EZE Wraps on my arrows? Fletching problems, delamination of wrap, accuracy issues, etc???

Thanks

Here is the link:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/horizontal-item.jsp;jsessionid=QFRIA1QAHQGYFTQSNOECCOGOCJVYWI WE?id=0014533416319a&navCount=0&cmCat=srch dx&cm_ven=srchdx&cm_ite=srchdx&CM_REF= http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cabelas.com%2Fproducts%2FCpod0014 533.jsp&_requestid=52678
Old 01-11-2006, 05:10 PM

Default RE: Any negatives to EZE Wraps on arrows?

I've had great luck so far with them. No problems what so ever. And they look good.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:05 PM

Yep, they are very good.

Hey MO, I notice you have your blazers up the arrow some.....I was thinking about that today....does that work well? I was thinking of going even farther up.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:47 PM

I used to fletch with 4 inch feathers. What i did was put the feather in the jig and found the middle 2 inches of the feather then I marked on the jig where to put the end of the blazer. So they are right in the middle of where my feather was. I doubt it makes any difference and to tell you the truth I don't even know why I did it that way. Might be the little obsessive compulsive behavior in me. They shoot great though.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:51 PM

Not O/C, but attention to detail. I'm gonna tinker with that.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know if you would consider this negative, but if you have wraps and damage one vane, you need to replace them all plus the wrap. Other than that, no problem at all.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:59 PM

the farther back towards the nock you put those vanes, the better the stabilization you'll get.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heres my EZE crest wraps from Cabelas with QuikSpins. I think they are pretty good wraps, all of mine have stayed on great.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:22 AM

Is there any bennefit to using wraps? Or is it all for looks? I am just nnot understanding why to use them.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

the farther back towards the nock you put those vanes, the better the stabilization you'll get
Yip, this is true!! The blazers are good vanes, but I'd mount them as far toward the rear of the arrow as possible.
On my EZE wraps, I actually use a traight edge and cut off 5/16" on one side, so that they don't over lap on my arrows. A couple of good things that they do is make an arrow more visible in flight, especially handy is your trying to film the hunt/shot and want to see the arrow in flight. Also, you can make your arrows unique from others, easier to identify them when target shootin' with your buddys! And some guys need a little extra weight on the back to find the right FOC weight!

Quick Reply: Any negatives to EZE Wraps on arrows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.