HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   If you wear glasses... HELP! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/127757-if-you-wear-glasses-help.html)

game4lunch 01-05-2006 10:16 AM

If you wear glasses... HELP!

If you wear glasses and shoot bow, hope you can help me.
Been shooting bow for many years. And I wear glasses and am not a candidate for contacts or lasic surgery so that's not a resolve.
My problem: When I draw back and am looking through the rear peep ready to shoot, target is out of focus because I am looking through the "side" of my glasses near the nose. Make sense?
What can I do? Different eye doctor? Bigger lenses? Anybody else have this problem and worked it out?

TeeJay 01-05-2006 10:49 AM

RE: If you wear glasses... HELP!

you are getting answers in the bowhunting forum!

ijimmy 01-05-2006 11:50 AM

There is a peep called a rectifier , give it a try . It comes with 4 lenes , try them all and pick the one that works best .

game4lunch 01-05-2006 01:37 PM

Really?!
I just did a search and did not find anything.
Where can I see them? Or who makes them?

Unrelated: I just noticed my "ID" doesn't show my location. I know I put it in the information. How come?

Big John 01-05-2006 01:52 PM

Shorten your draw a little , it will keep your face more square to the string so you woln't be looking thru the corner of your glasses. Changing your anchor point a little may accomplish the same thing. A different pair of glasses may help too. If you have progressive lens's, switch to regular bi-focals, thats what I did.

BF1947 01-05-2006 03:40 PM

Listen to John. Shorten the drawlength of the bow and get the string in front of you where it belongs. Then you don't have to turn your head, which causes you to look through the corner of the lens.

Now about the "Verifier", not Rectifier. It's made by Specialty Archery and fits their Superball Peep. There is also a Hunter version which uses a tube aligner, has a bigger hole, and accepts a Verifer with a larger diameter. The lenses come in 4 diopters. You'll have to try them to see which may work the best.

They're not cheap, but may help. About $13 for the peep and $26 for the lens.

Best bet is to try the drawlength suggestion first. It doesn't cost anything but time.

wis_bow_huntr 01-06-2006 05:16 AM

I wear glasses but dont experience any issues while hunting. Other than foggy lenses in colder, or warmer weather when i get a bit stemaed up climbing or breathign in the cold. But they make antifog for that. Do you shoot with one eye closed???STOP THAT!!!!! LOL. If you do try shooting with both eyes open, it gives you a wider field of vision and you can see the target more clearly.

ijimmy 01-06-2006 08:39 AM

BF's got your answer , sorry my spelling is terable .

BF1947 01-06-2006 09:38 AM

Jim,

It's "terrible".. LOL.

game4lunch 01-06-2006 01:41 PM

Insightfull stuff all ya. Thanks much.
I'll be experimenting with anchor point, shorter draw length, etc.
I've been shooting for 15 some odd years and this is not exactly new. I've had to shoot in the past without glasses and still do, but the old eyeballs aren't what they used to be. And, I've joined an archery club and our 3-D shoots have frustrated me because I am shooting more.

There's an answer some where . . . thanks for the help.