Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bent lower axle on a Trykon? >

Bent lower axle on a Trykon?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bent lower axle on a Trykon?

Old 01-04-2006, 08:00 PM

Default Bent lower axle on a Trykon?

Well, I was looking over my bow this evening and spotted something.

I was concerned that it could be a bent axle shaft on the lower cam but I wanted to see if any Trykon owners would spot the same thing.

Look over your lower cam. Is it completely vertical when you look at it from your shooting angle (just like you would hold the bow to shoot) or is it a little tweaked (the top of the cam is a little farther left than the bottom part of the cam) It is a very slight angle, but when I look at it, it is definately noticable.

I am concerned it may be a axle that is bent if you guys don't see the same thing I am seeing.

Hopefully you guys can give me some feedback.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2006, 11:25 PM

Default RE: Bent lower axle on a Trykon?

That is what I seen also on the first and only Trykon that I've looked at. I think it's just limb torque from the cable guard rod.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:19 AM

Thanks for the reply. I am glad you have noticed the same thing. Makes me feel better.

I never did get a good look at the cams and how they weresituated betweens thelimbs before I started shooting it.

I just figured most cams were basically vertical. Hopefully this is normal for the Trykons and it doesn't show signs of a bent axle or something.

Anyone else notice this on the Trykons?

Old 01-05-2006, 05:50 AM

You will probably notice serving wear on your cable because of this cam lean.

If you do: You can fix it by getting an adjustable cable guard rod, using a cable slide that doesnt deflect the cables as much. Or by replacing the fuse cables with a thinner serving diameter aftermarket set of cables.

This problem isnt uncommon on the new Trykons, so just keep an eye out for that serving wear.

Have a good one---Matt
Old 01-05-2006, 06:38 AM

It's not only on the Trykons but most single cam or cam+1/2 systems. Basically it is caused by limb torque due to the cable rod/slide. It's very common but not what I'd call normal or desireable. Without a solid yoke cable there is nothing you can do about it either. Ya need to read "Letter #5" on Spott Hogg's website to learn more about this---commonly referred to as Cam-Lean.

Just another reason I went back to a two cam bow.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:43 AM

anything with a cable rod, obviously one side of the limbs are getting pulled harder and the shorter the ata the higher the angle.

i was looking at that fuse string and it looked like they used crown serving or something. it was pretty fat, and on the demo bow i saw the cable was getting ate up.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:41 AM

Thanks a bunch guys. Like I have said a lot of times here on these forums, it is nice to have a place to bring your questions. This sport is more complex than people give it credit at times. And it is even more complex and confusing when you first start out. So I appreciate the help.

So I can lessen this phenomena (as I like to call it) by either switching to a new cable guard that doesn't pull those cables so far to the right to clear the bowstring, or deal with the cable guard but purchase a new set of cables and strings with a smaller serving diameter to eliminate the wear and tear from the angle of the cam.

Am I reading your guy's post right?

How are the FUSE strings? Are they pretty tough or will I be looking to replace the strings before 2 years or so?

Old 01-05-2006, 09:05 PM

bols, just as an update, i'm starting to get lots of inquiries about building string sets for these bows in hopes some of this issue can be solved.some folks are reporting already having gone through 2 cables of the type that came on the bow. i don't have any idea if its an issue with the cable itself, the serving, or the lean you're talking about.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:53 PM

I'll send ya a PM gibblet!
Old 01-06-2006, 04:06 AM

i've never shimmed limbs, but some of the hoyt proshooters i know do it on their comp bows. that may be the answer.

Quick Reply: Bent lower axle on a Trykon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.