Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

grip removal

Old 12-28-2005, 08:40 PM

Default grip removal

this is probally a dump guestion but anyway i hate the handle on my bowtech and i feel that i am torquing the bow, so i went to remove it thinking that i could shoot it bare frame or even put a custom fit handle on it. I removed the 2 screws in the handle and i lightly tapped on it but could not get it to move. was wondering if they are glued on or how to easily remove it without damaging. thanks alot

[/align]
Old 12-28-2005, 09:17 PM

Default RE: grip removal

Which bow do you have? The '03's and up are glued on with no screws.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, other than absolutely not believing a person wouldn't simply be ecstatic with the factory Bowtech grip (I think it's probably the best grip I've ever held, including custom after-market grips I've ordered for my Mathews)...

I know Mathews uses 3M weather strip adhesive to glue theirs on ... their techs recommend removing them by using heat from a blow dryer (hair) and gently prying them off.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:22 PM

i have a 02 patriot, i feel that the grip is huge and very uncomfortable, and i have small hands so i feel like i am really squeezing the handle to keep it there. i will try the blow dryer though, thanks

[/align]
Old 12-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

hmmm... don't remember that grip specifically, but the newer ones (at least from the '04s on...) are some of the thinnest factory ones available.

Good luck with the hair dryer.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:08 PM

flathead screwdriver works great. its how i got my '05 off, my '03 off, and i know it'll work on that fat as heck '02. don't worry about breaking it, what would you do with it anyway?
Old 12-29-2005, 07:32 PM

thanks for the tips, havent had time to try it yet, and im not worried about breaking the handle just not my bow!

[/align]
Old 12-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

I shoot my pro 40 bare, my hand feels good in that slot. I believe it has double back tape on it... use a blow dryer to see it thatwill release the tape.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:34 AM

If you can't shoot hoyt see if you can at least get some of their nice thin grips
Old 12-31-2005, 03:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Before you buy a grip, try it bare, I think you will really like the feel. If you want a custom grip, contact me or Ausy-Guy by PM and we'll stear you in the right direction.

Quick Reply: grip removal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.