Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Helical on blazers? >

Helical on blazers?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Helical on blazers?

Old 11-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Helical on blazers?

Can I use a Jo-Jan with right helical on my Easton Axis ST shafts if I am using blazers? I have Blazers on these shafts now but they are a straight fletch no offset, no helical. The guy at the pro shop said he didn't think Blazers are flexible enough to bend around the slim shaft. I don't think they stabilize fast enough fletched the way they are now and may go back to 4" vanes if the blazers can't be used with a helical jig. Please let me know if any of you have tried this. Thanks.BTW, 2" blazers.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:31 AM

Default RE: Helical on blazers?

They are fine for a helical. They are so short that it is not a problem. I actually use the straight clamp and really get a hard offset. They work great. Really want control? Add a 4th blazer. Wow.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanks, as much as blazers cost I didn't want to try without some input. I guess it's time to knock the dust off the jig. 4... Hmmmm...
Old 11-26-2005, 11:59 AM

if this makes any sense, you can put a much harder helical on them than you can with a 4" feather. where the front of a 4" feather would be coming off your arrow, the blazer will still fletch. however, i've found you don't need a ton.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:12 AM

My Blazers are helical and work great from a Butz jig.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tried to put my Blazers on helical but LOL, there just isn't much helical to worry about on a tiny lil' 2" vane!
Old 11-30-2005, 09:01 AM

I use a helical clamp with a hard offset on my Bitz to attach the Blazers onto my CX200 shafts. I don't see a lot of bend on the vanes but they adhear better than when I use a straight clamp.

If you are going to try 4 vanes, fletch up 1 arrow first and test it for contact. I tried 4 vanes but got contact with my rest. I use 3 vanes now and my arrows are fine with the 1-1/4" diameter fixed blade broadheads I am using.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was thinking of trying the Blazers. I'll add them to my Easton ACC's with a hard offset....

A little more information on any experiences with these would be nice...anyone?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:24 AM

Come on Rob. You could do a search and find dozens of threads about Blazers.

As far as my personal experience, I won't shoot anything else. I think they stabilize my arrows better than any other vane. They are more durable and make less noise. I am very pleased.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

My $.02 ... I tried fletching Axis arrows with Blazers and a helical Jo Jan. It can be done, but solid fletch to shaft contact is hard to get with the Jo Jan because of the limited adjustment capability as opposed to a Bitz. I had problems getting a good bond because of it. I did find that the Fletch Tite Platinum adhered much better than the CA adhesives. I started using a Bitz, right helical, with perfect results. I was able to get a much better vane to shaft contact, thus a much better bond.