HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Helical on blazers? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/122579-helical-blazers.html)

txjourneyman 11-26-2005 10:57 AM

Helical on blazers?

Can I use a Jo-Jan with right helical on my Easton Axis ST shafts if I am using blazers? I have Blazers on these shafts now but they are a straight fletch no offset, no helical. The guy at the pro shop said he didn't think Blazers are flexible enough to bend around the slim shaft. I don't think they stabilize fast enough fletched the way they are now and may go back to 4" vanes if the blazers can't be used with a helical jig. Please let me know if any of you have tried this. Thanks.BTW, 2" blazers.

MizzoukiSpot 11-26-2005 11:31 AM

RE: Helical on blazers?

They are fine for a helical. They are so short that it is not a problem. I actually use the straight clamp and really get a hard offset. They work great. Really want control? Add a 4th blazer. Wow.

txjourneyman 11-26-2005 11:54 AM

thanks, as much as blazers cost I didn't want to try without some input. I guess it's time to knock the dust off the jig. 4... Hmmmm...

gibblet 11-26-2005 11:59 AM

if this makes any sense, you can put a much harder helical on them than you can with a 4" feather. where the front of a 4" feather would be coming off your arrow, the blazer will still fletch. however, i've found you don't need a ton.

bownutty 11-27-2005 11:12 AM

My Blazers are helical and work great from a Butz jig.

IL-Cornfed 11-27-2005 03:36 PM

I tried to put my Blazers on helical but LOL, there just isn't much helical to worry about on a tiny lil' 2" vane! :D

G2 Shooter 11-30-2005 09:01 AM

I use a helical clamp with a hard offset on my Bitz to attach the Blazers onto my CX200 shafts. I don't see a lot of bend on the vanes but they adhear better than when I use a straight clamp.

If you are going to try 4 vanes, fletch up 1 arrow first and test it for contact. I tried 4 vanes but got contact with my rest. I use 3 vanes now and my arrows are fine with the 1-1/4" diameter fixed blade broadheads I am using.

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-30-2005 10:59 AM

I was thinking of trying the Blazers. I'll add them to my Easton ACC's with a hard offset....

A little more information on any experiences with these would be nice...anyone?

G2 Shooter 11-30-2005 11:24 AM

Come on Rob. You could do a search and find dozens of threads about Blazers.

As far as my personal experience, I won't shoot anything else. I think they stabilize my arrows better than any other vane. They are more durable and make less noise. I am very pleased.

Winger 11-30-2005 08:58 PM

My $.02 ... I tried fletching Axis arrows with Blazers and a helical Jo Jan. It can be done, but solid fletch to shaft contact is hard to get with the Jo Jan because of the limited adjustment capability as opposed to a Bitz. I had problems getting a good bond because of it. I did find that the Fletch Tite Platinum adhered much better than the CA adhesives. I started using a Bitz, right helical, with perfect results. I was able to get a much better vane to shaft contact, thus a much better bond.