Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PENDGELUM SITE

Old 11-04-2005, 06:23 PM

Default PENDGELUM SITE

PENDGELIUM SIGHT SHOOTING LOW FROM TREE STAND 2 INCHES LOW
SIGHTED IN ON FLAT GROUND FROM 20 YARDS. WHAT CAN I AJUST
TO COMPENSATE.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:07 PM

Default RE: PENDGELUM SITE

the only thing i can think is to go back out and sight in a 22 or 23 maybe even 25yrds then shoot form your stand agian to see if it helped,, if it made it worse then sight in at 15yrds or so,,i have a pendulum sight and i like it a lot,,i would like it better if my bow was faster,,i am sighted in at 20 and my max is about 25 or 30 with it,,Hope this helped
Old 11-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like your not bending at the waist when you shoot. Your probably just dropping your bow arm instead.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:35 PM

this isn't helping schliker but..... i have been looking into pendelum sights and wanted to know if hunting an area with hills would throw off the pendelum when shooting.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

What I do is sight the pendulum in from an elevated position then on the ground I shot it at 20 yrds to see where I am at. If it shots low at 20yrds from the ground but perfect from an elevated position I just am high on a 20 yrd shoot on the ground.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Spike

which pendulum?
Old 11-28-2005, 03:15 AM

I'm just glad someone started spelling it right .
When you sight in a pendulum on the ground,,most of the time its to get you in the ball park,so your hitting close to where you should.Once up ina stand, fine tune the site to hit dead on.
THEN when you get back on flat ground check where it hits when its locked down.It may be a bit more or a little less than the original 20 yards,,thats not important,,just make note of it.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:17 AM

Default RE: PENDULUM SITE

Glad this subject came up regarding pendulum sights. First off, I just purchased my first bow (used HC Machined Supreme) a few weeks ago, and immediately took it to the local archery shop to have a "once over". The bow came with a pendulum sight (not sure of the brand), and I am a bit concerned with it. Although I know absolutely nothing about bows, I am aware that most pin sights allow for sighting at different yardage. The pendulum appears to be good for only one distance, then I'm guessing you have to estimate shots either beyond or in close. If so, it seems there is a distinct disadvantage to a pendulum, other than the sighting it allows from elevation. Would definately like to hear some pros and cons from you experienced bowhunters on the subject. On a side note, the Whisker Biscuit seems pretty handy too, and was thinking to switching over as well. Hope to hear some good discussion on this!
Old 12-07-2005, 07:49 PM

If your bow is set up to shoot flat,say in the 260 to 290 range,then shooting with 1 pin is not a big deal,,unless you feel the need to shoot out past 40 yards.Out to 30 or 40 yards, useing 1 pin is a piece of cake
Old 12-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Site Bouncer

20 Fan

Pendulum sites do work, the theory behind them is that they will adjust out to almost 40yds if sighted in at 20 or so. I am not sure as I have never owned one. For me I like my hunting set up to be simple and reliable. I prefer a three pin sight, sighted in at 20-30-40yds. this way I have 5 sight distances because I can figure 25 and 35 by splitting the pins. Kepping with the simple and reliable theme, I also like the Whisker Biscuit for a rest. Good luck and welcome to bow hunting.

Quick Reply: PENDGELUM SITE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.