HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   New Release...Scott or Jim Fletcher? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/119083-new-release-scott-jim-fletcher.html)

IL_BOW_MAN 10-31-2005 01:09 PM

New Release...Scott or Jim Fletcher?

I am in desperate need of a new release and was just curious on everyones suggestions.

I like both and am leaning towards the ones just for a loop. The rhino or jim dandy loop release.

Matt / PA 10-31-2005 01:54 PM

RE: New Release...Scott or Jim Fletcher?

I keep on trying different releases expecting to find something newer and better.........keep ending up going back to my trusty Scott Rhino. (3rd replacement strap).
Mine has about 42,000,000 shots on it and it keeps on going smooth as ever.
I would recommend the Rhino to anyone looking for a string loop release.
(I don't like the newer o-ring model that helps reset the head, I like it to just swing freely)

Winger 10-31-2005 02:36 PM

A buddy of mine has a Rhino and loves it. I have shot one quite a bit and like it, though I don't own one.

That being said, I use a Fletcher Fletchunter, and like Matt and his Rhiino, I have a gazillion shots on it and it just keeps on going. The Fletchunter works just fine with a loop. I have never used a Jim Dandy, but if it has the same Fletcher quality, it should be a fine release.

I bet you can't go wrong either way.

zac76156 10-31-2005 07:33 PM

Get the highest priced Scott you can afford and shoot it until it feels like you were born with it on...

bowtech die hard 10-31-2005 07:43 PM

a scott wildcat will make you the happiest man on the planet, trust me i know cuz i have one and i'm obsessed with it...

yajsab 10-31-2005 08:15 PM

I shoot the little goose and really like it. I had other brands before, but like this one.

BROX 11-01-2005 07:40 AM

I shota little goose and then bought a little goose ncs and have my little goose in my backpack for a back-up.Now i'm thinking about buyinga wildcat ncs to gain the extra inch so i'm thinking SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

midwestxpress 11-03-2005 07:28 PM

Hey Matt, thats like almost 4000 shots a day for 30 years, man you must be one hell of a shot!:D

Matt / PA 11-03-2005 08:29 PM

Midwestxpress,

What can I say........I shoot a lot.:D

Turkeyman1 11-03-2005 09:20 PM

out of the two companys i would pick the scott releases they are pretty good releases and should not give you any trouble. just get one that fits you and is not bulky on you so that it is comftorable.