HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   125grain Land Sharks for Elk?(same post as in bowgearreview) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/117522-125grain-land-sharks-elk-same-post-bowgearreview.html)

cravingame 10-20-2005 07:59 AM

125grain Land Sharks for Elk?(same post as in bowgearreview)

What do ya think? I've been using Muzzys but can't stand all the hype about the Land Sharks. Is any of it true? I'm sure they penitrate great but they can't fly like a field point can they? Theres got to be some serious tuning involved, right? Might find 1 o/f 6 broadheads plain shoot strait? I have know idea, let me know what ya think?

shaftcaster 10-30-2005 08:03 PM

RE: 125grain Land Sharks for Elk?(same post as in bowgearreview)

I would go with the new Razorsharks.

Orions_Bow 11-02-2005 11:44 AM

I have not personally shot a Land Shark but to be honest a head dosn't build that kind of reputation if it was a bad head. If you tune your bow good, match the spine of your arrows to your bow, spin test the broadheads, and use enough fletching to stablize it you can achieve deadly accuracy out of 99% of the heads on the market. I don't think you would have a problem getting them to shoot great for elk. Since you may be using a little heavier arrow that will only help you to get great arrow flight from these heads. I have used Cut on Contact heads over 290fps and was able to achieve awsome groups out to 50 yards. Another awsome head is the Snuffer, it's big & mean and requires a little extra TLC to get them to shoot great but if you ever saw one of the holes they leave you would think it was worth the extra effort! A ton of people used to say it couldn't be shot out of modern rigs shooting over 250 fps....well guess what? Plenty of people do, I am sure the Land Shark is the same type of thing.

Good Luck

Soilarch 11-02-2005 04:49 PM

Looks don't kill...but if they could! I looked them up and there a mean looking head!:) Just wish I had use for a 190gr head.:D

mitchell43 11-23-2005 12:27 PM

I have shot one deer with a land shark from a recurve. Thay do shoot great and leave a gaping hole. absolutly no problem finding the deer. I would imagine it would do the same for elk. GOOD LUCK!

ijimmy 11-24-2005 05:04 AM

Id bet the fly better than the muzzys , They have less drag . Fletch with 5 inch offset feathers and your set .

MizzoukiSpot 11-24-2005 06:03 AM

I have 5 or 6 landsharks sitting in my broadhead box. I have not shot game with them yet, but they do fly very well. Even with the press fit bleeders! They sharpen well and would fit the Bill fine.