Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What is the best fletching jig for a amateur >

What is the best fletching jig for a amateur

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What is the best fletching jig for a amateur

Old 10-14-2005, 01:09 PM

Default RE: What is the best fletching jig for a amateur

get yourself an arizona ez fletch. it does all three fletches at once and its small and compact. you dont need a table to set it up. i can do a dozen arrows in less than ten minutes. i have never had one minutes problem. i use the arrows i fletch in tournaments as well as hunting and have taken home many trophies. the others are all excellent but for sheer ease of use try the arizona. they only cost about thirty bucks and you can get a carbon or an aluminum shaft version but with todays fatter carbon shafts i use the aluminum on all. if you shoot the super slim shafts use the carbin. for the price you can buy both cheaper than you can get one bitzenburger that only does one fletch at a time.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Kathwacckkk

I am also looking at purchasing a Bitz. Question I have: Do most of you re-fletch arrows that were store bought and already cut & fletched and just need new fletchings?Or do you start with bare shafts? I cannot seem to find a carbon arrow saw for a resonable price that would allow me to start with bare shafts.
Thanks.
Both ... I make all my new arrows and refletch quite a bit, as I am anal about my fletchings. Most places I deal with will cut the shafts to length when they are purchased for no additional charge. I would think most any shop would cut them for at most a minimal fee. I think even mail order places will cut shafts to length and install inserts for a small charge. I own an arrow cutoff saw and cut my own, but I think I could get by without it.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely get a Bitz, these things are super solid construction and will last FOREVER. Also I'm going to give another piece of advice, toss the vanes in the can and get some feathers. Good luck with your decisions.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

... and get barred feathers; they just look cooler!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:52 AM

Well after reading all the post, I'm going with the Bitzenburger. Thanks for all of your inputs...
Old 10-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

You will be glad you did