HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Quiver or No Quiver??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/116348-quiver-no-quiver.html)

liljim531 10-11-2005 01:53 PM

Quiver or No Quiver???

I am shooting with my quiver off right now. I was just wondering what you guys are doing with your quivers. And please tell me the benifets of each. Thanks a lot!

s. il. hntr 10-11-2005 02:03 PM

RE: Quiver or No Quiver???

:eek:

BigJ71 10-11-2005 03:53 PM

Personal preference.

I have a bow that has a two piece quiver so it never comes off. I prefer to shoot with one on so I can grab another arrow if needed and it's right there. Some like to use removable quivers and attach them to the tree (with an extraquiver mount)and still others like the hip quivers.

My other bows have removable quivers but the only time I remove them is for transport. Like I said I like the arrow right there in front of me. I don't have to change hands, move or twist my body to get another arrow. I just reach with my shooting hand, pull another from the quiver and put it on the string. All of this can be done with very little movement and you can keep an eye on your target. (assuming it hasen't run off after your first arrowmissed:))

Howler 10-11-2005 04:54 PM

2 piece quiver here also, so it's on at all times. I don't sit in a tree stand much, and I may have to belly crawl on a stalk, so a hip quiver is not an option.

One down fall to having the quiver and arrows on at all times, is shooting in the wind, it is harder to hold a steady bow!

Trapper_Hunter 10-12-2005 07:12 PM

I take my quiver off.. takes some weight off and i can aim better.

TIP: If you practise with ur quiver on hunt with it on and vice versa for with it off

WNY BOWHUNTER1101 10-13-2005 12:39 AM

i also have a 2 peice quiver and never had a noise problum with it i love it but i also had thought of getting a quicky quiver that i can take off in the feild but my 2 peice is good enought

RIStrutStopper 10-13-2005 05:55 AM

I tie wrapped a spare bracket to my climber. As soon as the bow is hoisted up, the quiver comes off the bow and attached to the stand.

Buckem 10-13-2005 06:13 AM

I shoot an Outback W/ the Mathews removable quiver and noticed a big difference with the quiver removed. Much more balanced, less vibration and alot quieter. I practice shooting both ways but when in the tree I would like to remove it but also am looking for the best way to attach it to something and still be accessable.

tmcj 10-14-2005 01:41 AM

i noticed a difference when practicing with the quiver on, and no arrows in it vs shooting with arrows in it. in balance point, wind movement, and noise. but i have a 2 pc non-removable, so since it's loaded with my other 3 arrows while hunting, that's how i practice. but you will notice a difference with or without the quiver on.

Bulzeye 10-14-2005 12:14 PM

Removeable.
When in the stand, I hang it on the tree.
-less colored fletching to be seenmoving around when I'm preparing for a shot.
-the bow is lighter.
-less chance of making noise by brushing my feathers on something.

It stays on the bow when I still hunt.

You do have to check the difference in how the bow shoots with and without it. It appears to have a very slight difference in how the bow wants to torque left to right. If your have a device on your bow that detects torque, like a No-Peep, or a Hindsight, then you can simply compensate for it. If not,then just make a note of the differences and take that into account when shooting.

Another solution is to get a cat-quiver. You can hang the whole thing on a tree, or wear it on your back, and the bow isn't affected either way. The only down side that it's tough to carry your stand if something else is already on your back.