Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 O Rings for broadhead tuning... >

O Rings for broadhead tuning...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

O Rings for broadhead tuning...

Old 09-26-2005, 08:24 AM

Default O Rings for broadhead tuning...

I had to buy some of those O Rings to line up my G5 Montecs with my vanes. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet, but was wondering if they affect the flight of the arrow. The rings seem to flatten out wider than the arrow shaft, and I didn't know if I should worry about my arrows sailing off course. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: O Rings for broadhead tuning...

One guy's opinion, but I have never worried about aligning my broadheads with my fletching and have never had a problem. I have some Montecs and they shoot great. Have you shot them yet, as they are, without the o-rings? Try them first. If they shoot good, there ya go.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Winger

One guy's opinion, but I have never worried about aligning my broadheads with my fletching and have never had a problem. I have some Montecs and they shoot great. Have you shot them yet, as they are, without the o-rings? Try them first. If they shoot good, there ya go.
I agree.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:04 PM

The only time I align my broadheads with my vanes is when I shoot through the mesh of a ground blind so the vanes follow the hole torn by the broadhead. Try not to overtighten the broadhead so the o-ring won't squish out too much and be sure to spin check your arrows for proper balance.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:13 PM

You don't need o rings to align your blades with your fletchings. They look prettier that way but it's not needed. The stabilization from the spinning arrow is what keeps your arrow on line and accurate.