Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Slick Trick owners, please answer >

Slick Trick owners, please answer

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Slick Trick owners, please answer

Old 09-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Slick Trick owners, please answer

First of all, I was suprised that a few shops in my area in Wisconsin actually carried Slick Tricks.At the 2 places I found them, both places gave glowing recommendations to the STs. So not suprisingly,theywere sold at one place, and Itook the last set from the other place I bought them from. I was VERY impressed with the engineering of these heads, and I am excited to shoot them from all the good things I have heard.

Now to the question....
I have'hand' tightened the heads on my arrow - on the website it instructs to tighten with a wrech - but whereon the head would you want to tightenit down, and what type of wrech?? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Slick Trick owners, please answer

Hand tighten with a wrench?!? I haven't heard that! I'd ask Gary @ Slick Tricks about that. He's the main guy/owner of Slick Tricks and is a member of this forum too.

http://www.slicktrick.net

Perhaps that website was mentioning a 4 blade broadhead wrench to protect your fingers from the blades.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

They are talking about a broadhead wrench that is slotted for four blade broadheads.

Any broadhead wrench made should be of a universal design so that you can use it on 2, 3, and 4 blade heads. You should be able to get one of these at any pro shop or even Walmart.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:06 PM

I just hand tightened mine.. no problems yet???
Old 09-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

I got it........
They mention usinga round wrech with slots inside....I was thinking TOO MUCH into it.
Obviously, they are talking about a wrech with the blade slots ....I was thrown by the 'round'.
They could have called it a broadhead wrench, and I would have knew right away!..
just one of those days I guess[&:]
Old 09-23-2005, 06:29 PM

Anybody had any problems with one of the blades not locking tight? On one of my slick tricksthe second blade that you insert when putting together the broadheads seems to have a little play in it. Ive got it on my arrow plenty tight but i just cant get it to feel solid. My cousin said he had the same problem with a few ofhis. Im gonna take it totally apart and put it back together to see i can get it straightened out.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:01 PM

assuming you are using the washer... no I havn't had any issue's. Other than mine were a little on the dull side.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:17 PM

Yeah Ive got the washer on there, im gonna see if i switch which which slots i got the blades in and see if that makes a difference, ill check it out tomorrow, thanks
Old 09-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Spike

This is Ohiorednecks Cousin.... As he mentioned, I have one head with the same problem... I bought two packs of 100grs and only two had this problem (2nd blade being loose)... The 2nd one that I found to have the problem, I took it apart and reassembled it switching slots and it cured the problem.. The 1st head on the other hand, no matter what I do, will not tighten up like all the other ones... It was suggested that I get ahold of the man who owns the Slick Tricks (I think his name is Gary?) and see if he has any quick fixes to my problem... Its no too big of a deal since I have4 that are tight and hopefully that`ll do me through the season, but I would like to see if it would help that particular head with accuracy for practice...

Another thing id like to ask all you other SL`ers, is how do you fix a head that doesnt spin completely true? Ive only been able to spin the arrow setting it on its point and giving it a whirl and a couple of them I noticed a SLIGHT wobble... I will buy a straightness tester in the near future to make sure that its actually a wobble and not my imagination... I would try to spin it in my hand, but im not that good as ive already cut myself trying to take the things apart haha, plus I dont think that would show much more than spinning it on a table...

I should mention that I was having troubles grouping the slick tricks with my field points, UNTIL I figured out that I was getting fletching contacted with a ripcord drop away.. I then switched back to my Whisker Buiskit and it brought them much closer.. At 20 I busted a knock within 3 shots, but at 30 and 40its about 2 inches low, any ideas?
Old 09-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Meister, my guess is that your bow isn't perfectly tuned (not that it is truly possible), but at further distances flaws or imperfections are magnified especially with broadhead flight. You can either do some more tuning or readjust the sights.

Quick Reply: Slick Trick owners, please answer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.