Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Extreme position of cable guard question >

Extreme position of cable guard question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Extreme position of cable guard question

Old 09-22-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Extreme position of cable guard question

Hello, Need some quick help.

I have a PSE Whitetail Extreme, and I have a question about the position of the cable guard (that the cable slide moves on). My fletches contact the cables ever so slightly as the arrow is released. The fletching that contacts the cable eventuallybecomes rippled, and sometimes will develop a tear. Presently, the cable guard is adjusted almost to almost the two o'clock position. I want to adjust it to the three o'clock position (the maximum position which will pull the cables away from the arrow.

I have rotated the arrow to minimize fletching contact against the cables. I do not want to move the arrow rest, as thisbow is set up for a perfect centershot at the moment.

Will the extreme position of the cable guard at 3 o'clock have any detrimental affect on the bow?

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland
Old 09-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Extreme position of cable guard question

Don't go all the way to 3:00 in one move. You don't want to go that far if you don't absolutely have to, because the closer you get to 3:00 it will put more sideways strain on your cams and limbs, and will increase the bow's tendency to torque. Move it a little at a time until you get just enough clearance for your fletches. If it winds up having to be set at 3:00, then that's how it's gotta be, but see if you can keep from having to move it all the way over there.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:52 PM

Default RE: Extreme position of cable guard question

I was just over at the PSE forums, and did a search of their site for my problem. One of the threads that I foundsuggested thatif I rotate the cable guard to the 4 o'clock position; it will give me additional clearance; since the cable guard is mounted above the arrows fletchings.

I'm going to give that a try tonight.

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland