Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Beman ICS Hunters >

Beman ICS Hunters

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Beman ICS Hunters

Old 09-26-2002, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default Beman ICS Hunters

I am thinking of trying these shafts and was wondering what everyone thought of them? I would be using them for hunting only.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Beman ICS Hunters

I use the ICSCH shafts and love them for hunting. I've harvested quite a few animals with them, three days ago a 12lb Turkey as my most recent in fact! I have set-up many customers with both the Hunters and Camo Hunters and all have had no problems and really like them. I do recommend you install ACC 3-60 unibushings in the rear, and use "G" nocks, the stock supernocks that press-fit into the shafts become loose over time, and can also cause cracking at the rear of the shafts, much like most all-carbons that simply use a direct press-fit nock setup. The unibushings help save the rear end of the shaft, and the "G" nocks have a smaller tail in case you use a loop. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

Old 09-26-2002, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the reply pinwheel. I have been on here long enough to trust your opinions. By the way, the guy at my local pro shop says he fletches his carbon arrows at 4 degrees. Is this helical, or offset? I get confused between the two. Is this enough to stabilize my 30 inch shaft, with 4 inch vanes, and 100 grain muzzys. Thanks for the reply my friend and good luck this year. Bhunter32.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:34 AM

I too have been using the Beman ICS hunter shafts this fall & so far no problems with them. They work nice and shoot good and carry a great price tag. If you havn't seen the Easton Epic take a look at it too, it is a real nice looking shaft.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

I noticed that the ics hunter shafts have a polished finish on them. Does this finish stand out alot especially when the sun is hitting them? Most carbons I have seen have a dull finish to them. Just wondering.
Old 09-26-2002, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

BHunter32-

I have not had any problems with the glossy finish on my Camo Hunters, and my son uses the black hunters with no problems either. I have yet to hear from customers with any concerns as well.

4-degrees is the offset. Helical is helical, either right or left. The offset is the angle with which the vane or feather lines ups with the shaft. 3-4 degree offset with a helical (either or, Left or right, personal preference really) is a good combination for four-inch and fixed-blade heads. (gotta keep 'em spinning!) You should be fine. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

Old 09-27-2002, 08:54 AM

I have never had a problem with the finish of my black shafts.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:25 AM

I just started using the black ICSH this year they group great and I think the polish helps them go quietly across the rest. The only complaint I have is that when you try to refletch them the first time you ll have problems getting the old ones off. They must use liquid nails to put those things on!
Old 09-29-2002, 08:01 PM

I shoot the black Beman ICS Hunters. The only problem I have had so far was that the first time I fletched the bare shafts, the vanes came off too easily. I didn't rub off that slick shiny coat on the shaft where the vanes make contact. Operator error. The lettering on my shafts does wear off over time as does the shiny coating, but it takes a while.

Old 09-29-2002, 09:12 PM
Typical Buck

Last year I bought a dozen ICS Camo Hunters and the Camo wore off after a lot of shooting. I was going to switch to Carbon Express this year but the guy at the pro shop insisted that they fixed the problem and the new camo laminate last much longer. We’ll see.

Quick Reply: Beman ICS Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.