Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Block? Yellow Jacket?, bag?  Need some help! >

Block? Yellow Jacket?, bag? Need some help!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Block? Yellow Jacket?, bag? Need some help!

Old 09-15-2005, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Block? Yellow Jacket?, bag? Need some help!

I pretty much would use the block if you are going to be shooting expandables into it though I tend to prefer a bag target for practice tip shooting.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:45 PM

I have over 1000 shots in my block and its holdin up great
Old 09-20-2005, 02:35 AM

I baught a cheepytarget it was white and black no names kinda shaped like aCUBEat our local shop said it was garunteed for 1200 shots with a broadhead ........FIRST SHOT COMPLETE PASS THROUGH. I got a block much better no pass through yet . I shoot about 100 arrows a day and its lasted for 3 months so far.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:13 AM

i shoot a block as well and have no complaints. Broadheads will take some slices out of it but it still serves its purpose.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:12 PM

The BLOCK SUCKS, I have one and I shot through it in no time.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:02 AM

Hey MI you aint supposed to use a 30/06 FMJ. lol I would have taken it back and seen just how good that warranty realy is.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:52 AM

I have "The Block" and i cant say im too impressed with it. It stops broadheads but these slick tricks are tearin it up to pieces. I highly doubt it would stop a field pt anymore but thats what the delta deer is for. It serves its purpose i guess.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:15 PM

I have the 4x4 block... I love it, and as much kinetic energy as my bow produces it holds up great! I had the old block as well, and yea the broadheads would shred it and leave the shreddings all over the ground. My buddy bought the Yellow Jacket,, lol what a joke, first arrow he had to cut a hole in the yellow jacket to get his arrow out lol.. so i wouldnt recomend it.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:00 AM

Hey PD what do ya mean by "old block"? Reason I ask is I have a block and it does exactly as you say, broadheads slice big pieces out of it. Just wonderin if they have improved that on a newer model cause like I said on the post before, it sure as hell aint holdinup like they say it should. I guess I should mention that mine is 2 years old. Have they come out with a better design since?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

I had the Block and was disappointed. I shot through it in no time. Big slivers were coming out of it constantly (When pulling out broadheads). I switched to the Yellow Jacket and it's much better. The Yellow Jacket is half the price and half the weight! For my money it's definitely the Y.J. Just remember to only shoot broadheads in it. Field points are real tough to pull out!

Quick Reply: Block? Yellow Jacket?, bag? Need some help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.