Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Block? Yellow Jacket?, bag?  Need some help! >

Block? Yellow Jacket?, bag? Need some help!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Block? Yellow Jacket?, bag? Need some help!

Old 09-11-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Block? Yellow Jacket?, bag? Need some help!

It's getting time for me to get a target again, and I was wondering if any of ya'll had any suggestions. I'm basiclly deciding between The Block and The Yellow Jacket, but I'm open to other suggestions. I don't want to spend more the $50, and hurts to even spend that! I'm shooting mechanical broadheads, just to let you know. I appreciate it!
Old 09-11-2005, 12:40 PM

Default RE: Block? Yellow Jacket?, bag? Need some help!

I just recently bought a Yellow Jacket Broadhead Target, and it seems to be holding up pretty good. Just don't shoot field tips into it! I nearly had to hook up the tractor to get em out. BH's come out fairly easily.I think the mechs pull out easier than the fixed. I think my next target will bethe "hanging bag type".
Old 09-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a yellow jacket and it has held up very well. A little arrow lube or vegetable oil is needed if you are shooting certain carbon arrows. I have shot a ton of broadheads into it and it is performing very well.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

For daily target tip abuse a QUALITY bag target is hard to beat. I've been using a morrell eternity for eons. I'ts needing it's 3rd cover. I have an old block style broadhead target behind it to stop any deep seakers.

I also have a Yellow jacket going on it's second year. I'm starting to have to get picky with my shots as it's getting pretty torn up, but I do shoot a fair share of fixed blades prior to deer season. WhenI get a new one my wore out one will go behind it.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:10 PM

the yellow jacket target is a very good target but when i used one the arrows were very hard to pull out
Old 09-12-2005, 07:04 PM

id invest in the block..ive heard great things about it.. if u take a look at it up close its got all those layers of it tightly packed together..just looking at the block it looks like a good durable target that u can shoot at many of times..i think im gonna invest in one myself..
Old 09-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

The one thing you will not like about the block is the layers get torn with broadheads... The block is great for field tips, but you can't be the yellow jacket for broadheads... I knowI have a garage full of targets.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:40 PM

Got the yellow jacket and it works great on BH . Field points go right though it. I like that it does not break apart like my block did.

It seems to be a little bit lighter than my old block. Much better on getting the arrows with the BH out also.

The killer bee bag target works great for field points. No problems with it sitting in the sun for about 1 year also.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Use a bag targets for field points only. A decent broadhead will blow right through a bag target like it wasn't even there.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a yellow jacket last year and have been very happy. Good price and durable. Stay away from the Block/Hole targets. They are junk. Pass thrus with filed tips after <200 shots. Customer service is just as bad. Don't buy one just because peole "think" or "heard" they are good.. Do a search for "yellow Jacket" and Block/Hole" and you will find lots of info and I bet 85% is negative on the latter.

Quick Reply: Block? Yellow Jacket?, bag? Need some help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.