Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Whisker Biscuit Users >

Whisker Biscuit Users

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit Users

Old 09-30-2002, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whisker Biscuit Users

When using the Whisker Biscuit rest w/ Beman ICS Hunters, is it best to have the colored vain facing up or down? Does it even make a difference? I've heard both sides of the story...
Old 09-30-2002, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Users

I do not use the beeman arrows but will throw my 2 cents here anyway. I noticed that the WB was causing the cock vane (white in my case) to ripple after about 6 shots. Having been schooled in the TM hunter style rest I always nocked up with the cock vane down, so I thought that was the problem. I switched to cock vane up and ran a new set of 6 arrows through a round of shooting and still had the same results, white vane rippled? The WB did not care how the arrow was nocked up with regards to accuracy either.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

Also be prepared to revane/fletch your arrows after about 15 passes through the biscuit. Someone recommended a drop of AEE adhesive at the leading edge of each vane to reduce the tearing factor. Have fun, the WB is very easy to shoot. I put it on my bow to get it set as a hand down to my son next year. The jury is still out if I will put another on my new bow..........sure do like that Parker UL31!!!!
Old 09-30-2002, 02:20 PM

hey cool! about that biscut you have, invest in a jig so you can revane you're arrows. i had one on and it took a vane off the first six arrows i shot. it seemed to be the inside vane that was having the problem. it would start taking vanes off at the front edge. you should not have to put any glue on the arrows, if you do its time to take that rest off. i put on a trap door and really like it.

Edited by - onefang on 09/30/2002 15:23:02
Old 09-30-2002, 02:45 PM

It won't make a difference what direction the vanes are, as long as none are touching the riser upon release.

The whisker biscuit is a great hunting rest. If you have any trouble with vanes, then just get the right type and glue them properly and they will hold up great. A refletching jig can come in handy, not just for the whisker biscuit, but for the hundred reasons you'll end up having to refletch your arrows anyway.

Old 09-30-2002, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a WB for a month or so, but I will throw in my 2 cents also.
For me (I had an original WB), the cock vane down did result in more fletch damage and wrinkling. I don't know if this is true for the Drop Tine, and it doesn't look like it should matter with the Deluxe WB. I shot feathers and vanes through a new bisquit, and did not have terrible problems with fletching, as long as the cock vane was up. I think I might try this rest one more time to see if selling the one I had was a mistake.

Avoid the inevitable until it is absolutely unavoidable!
Old 09-30-2002, 11:25 PM

I've had my Biscuit for about a month and have about 500 shots through it. I shoot Gold Tips hunters and have no damage to my fletchings at all. I think this is because I'm using the one for Alumn arrows for shooting carbons. I've had no tuning problems and my groups are very tight. The only negative that I have with it is the slight loss of speed.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:19 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I've had my Biscuit for about a month and have about 500 shots through it. I shoot Gold Tips hunters and have no damage to my fletchings at all. I think this is because I'm using the one for Alumn arrows for shooting carbons. I've had no tuning problems and my groups are very tight. The only negative that I have with it is the slight loss of speed.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>I have had a slight wrinkling of the vanes after about 3 months of shooting, 30-40 mins a day/5 days a week. I don't have any accuracy problems.

Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish.
Marcus Fabius Quintilianus (35 AD - 100 AD)
Old 10-01-2002, 06:58 AM

Ok I have a question for the guys that have their vanes tore by the biscuit. What happens to your vanes when you have a pass through or near pass through on your targets? I have a couple of bows & a couple of tagets and shoot what ever I can every single day even if it's just 20 shots. I shoot my targets until the arrows pass through and just drop out the other side and have no problems with my vanes comming off. I just can't see how a soft bristle rest will tear your vanes off when my targets don't even do it.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:34 PM

Just got a WB and just went over and got my dads fletching jig after 200 to 300 arrows. I don't have a single arrow out of about 30 that have all of the fletching still intact. And every vane is rippled badly. I am really having thoughts of returning it. Is this just because it is getting broken in?

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit Users

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.