HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Cords on drop away rest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/112010-cords-drop-away-rest.html)

savedbygrace 09-08-2005 10:57 AM

Cords on drop away rest

Need some opinion from you guys. I have a TT shakey hunter rest on my Tomkat. I also have a winners choice string. As many of you know, Winners choice recommends tieing the rest cord to the cable like you tie on a loop nock instead of going through the string, because of the coating the string has on it. For any of you that has a setup like this or knows anything about it, where is your knot in relation to your rest? Is it above, even or below the rest or how far below is it from your cable slide? My main question is my cord is tied on just below my cable slide, so it sits above my rest. With it like this my timing of the launcher stops moving upward for about the last inch of the draw. Is this ok for it to sit that high or am I doing something wrong? Any input would be helpful. thanks

PABowhntr 09-08-2005 11:09 AM

RE: Cords on drop away rest

From experience, most of the drop away rests of this nature function best with the knot about 3 inches below the level of the rest itself. This allows for the cord to get pulled and released without having the excess length snap up and interfere with the flight of the arrow.

burniegoeasily 09-08-2005 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

From experience, most of the drop away rests of this nature function best with the knot about 3 inches below the level of the rest itself. This allows for the cord to get pulled and released without having the excess length snap up and interfere with the flight of the arrow.
I dont have the Shakey hunter, but a quick tune on one of my bows. I have mine tied about three inches above my rest. There is a difference between the two rests, the shakey hunter uses a string and the quick tune uses a cable. The quick tune is ment to be slide activated, but I found it works better served into my up cable at about 3 to4inches above the rest. Dont know if this helps, but just more food for thought.

hunohio 09-08-2005 12:08 PM

When I put that rest on my daughter's bow, I tied it about three inches below the rest. Once I got it timed, I've had no problems with it.

bigbulls 09-08-2005 06:44 PM

Every drop away I set up for someone I tie the cord on the cable dead even with the rest unless the serving dictates otherwise (Mathews). Then I just put it through right where the serving ends.

I put Winners choice string and cables on my alleginace and rather than tie a loop around the cable I served the cord to the cable. With the bow at rest it is even with the rest but at full draw it is well below the rest.

AS long as the spot where it is tied to the cable is below the rest when it starts to pull the arm up you are fine.