Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Why do my muzzy's shoot high >

Why do my muzzy's shoot high

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why do my muzzy's shoot high

Old 09-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do my muzzy's shoot high

Wis...

I've been able to tune my bow with Thunderheads and Muzzy'son aluminum and carbon. Just had to change some other stuff to adjust and tune with broadheads.

Get the field points flying good and campare to bareshaft flight before buying broadheads so you know what weight will work for your setup. If you can bareshaft tune with your field points, then you will be within the adjustment range to be able to broadhead tune too. That way, if you have to change point weights, you haven't wasted the money on broadheads. [:@]

It sounds like you may want to have arrows selected and custom cut for your setup. It makes a world of difference. Both brands aregood broadheads, and should tune up just fine if you take the time. You'll be amazed.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why do my muzzy's shoot high

Man I did everything possible in the witness of a pro shop owner and he couldnt figure it out, we adjsuted everything possible, we even tried different carbons with the muzzys and still cant get them to shoot decent let alone get them to group. Strange, One thing i never did though was try them out of a different bow. ButI really dont think its my bow. I have shot hundreds of different types of arrows alluminum and carbonand broad heads from my bow and they seem to be on target...Bizzare??????? Maybe im not as "bad to the bone" as id like to be. Im trying some ABP broadheads today to see how they fly.

My setup will be:
PSE Nova Synergy 4 Cams
60# 30 inch draw
Aluminum 2214 Eastons
AmericanBroadhead Products SonicPracticeBroadhead( Watch The Video Clips) http://www.americanbroadhead.com/cgi-bin/trophy.cgi?Status=Live
Doinker Stabalizer
Full size 3d deer target
20 yards to start backing to 30 yards.