Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Muzzy practice blades >

Muzzy practice blades

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Muzzy practice blades

Old 08-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Muzzy practice blades

I no longer have a target that I can shoot my broadheads into, but I can shoot my practice blades into this oldbag target that I have. Will they hit the same? The package says that they will, but I'd like to hear it from experience b4 I draw on a deer.

I'm shooting the Muzzy 100 grain 3-blades.

Those practice blades are flying perfect, I'm just hoping there's no change when I put the real blades in.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:24 PM

Default RE: Muzzy practice blades

Mine always fly the same. Ive compared the practice blades with broadheads extensively and there is no difference in the fllight. At least with my setups.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:11 PM

Ditto. my muzzy's shoot exactly the same, whether it with the real blades or practice blades. i don't even shoot field points any more
Old 08-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to come across this thread. After recently changing my string and making a few other changes, I finally got to dial my bow back in tonight. I thought I might have trouble with broadheads though, so I went down to the broadhead range at my club just before dark and had field points and a couple of muzzy practice heads grouping together out to 30 yards... I think I'm good to go for the opener!
Old 08-25-2005, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

They should fly the same. I also use an old bag target for broadheads, and the Muzzy practice blades work very well. A few nights ago, I misplaced my Muzzys, and had to quick grab some other broadheads with conventional blades (I was in a hurry!). Digging those heads out of the bag target was a pain, where the Muzzys pull right out.

Nice Avatar, BTW.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:42 AM

First time postin here guys. Glad i came across this site. Just curious to see, do you guys line up your broadheads with your flecthings?I have always done this!!JUst wondered what some of you guys do.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Just curious to see, do you guys line up your broadheads with your flecthings?
Nope. No point in doing so. Too many variables in arrow rotation and arrow speed from setup to setup for this to make a hill of beans difference. And how do you align a 4 blade broadhead with a 3-fletched arrow? [8D]

On the other hand, I think it is a very good idea to be CONSISTENT in you broadhead alignment from arrow-to-arrow. In that I mean having all the broadhead blades at the same orientation on each arrow. That way if/when the arrow flexes a bit on launch, any planing or blade effect will be about the same for all the arrows.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pabuckchaser, welcome to the site.
Yes you can and it might not matter. Many answers floating around to that question.
Ithink it's more of a mental thing, for those that line them up and believe it works; more power to them- it's a confidence thing.

I for one prefer my 4 bladed broadheads to run perpendicular to the ground with the main blade (phantoms & blazers) reasoning? If I have any nock travel issues i feel they will steer less when initially shot if the larger blade isn't grabbing air like wings on an airplane. Does it work? who knows, but when I'm in the tree and look down at my nocked arrow and see the main blade sitting verticalI know it's an arrow that hit true into the target before i put my finishing touch on the blade. It’s a confidence thing.

BTW, when I shot muzzy 3& 4 blades the practice tips flew like the real deal. But I'd always surf the real blades at least once before hunting, it's once again a confidence thing.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:45 AM

Tx for the reply guy's.I'm gonna tinker around trying not to line themup. Just to see what happens.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:34 AM

I have had great luck with the practice blades. I shoot the 100 gr 4 blade and use the practice heads to sight in my bow works great.

Quick Reply: Muzzy practice blades

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.