Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String loop fails >

String loop fails

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String loop fails

Old 08-24-2005, 10:25 AM

Default String loop fails

How many of you out there had one fail, meaning the knot pulled through and you may have punch yourself in the face and had an arrow sail away. I shot about 200 arrows through my new switchback when it happened. This is my first experience with the sting loop. I don't want this happening when drawing on a big buck. Was my bow shop just incompetent or are they known to fail.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String loop fails

I have one, so does my wife and one son. I have also tied a bunch for others, as far as I know none of them have ever come untied.

Old 08-24-2005, 10:44 AM

I have seen some different materials used. Some last alot longer than others. Just keep an eye on it, if it appears to be fraying, or the end looks like it is getting close to pulling through, then replace it. They are easy to replace.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:07 AM

I have not had one pull through yet. (knock on wood) Just make sure you burn the end and make a BIG mushroom there and it should be fine.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

The camo stuff from Brownell's is the best I used. Lasts a long time, especially if you keep it waxed really well. Sounds to me like whoever tied the loop didn't do it right or didn't melt a big enough ball onto the end that pulled through.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, I busted myself in the chops a few weeks ago. Felt good. The burnt knot pulled thru. A cool bloody lip and I found the arrow about 200 yds. away. Been using one for several years and this was a first.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Been there done that, It hurts like heck, just hope nobody seen you!!LOL
Old 08-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been tinkering with a string loop on my backup bow. I've been hesitant on putting one on my primary bow because they make me nervous. Too many times have I heard of the loops coming undone at the absolute worst time.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

The camo stuff from Brownell's is the best I used.
I wholeheartedly agree on that one!!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:06 AM

ive had one fail last fall will drawing on a doe,,after that i switch a hard loop and have not looked back

Quick Reply: String loop fails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.