..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 THE LONG BORING BOW REPORT RETURNS? >

THE LONG BORING BOW REPORT RETURNS?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

THE LONG BORING BOW REPORT RETURNS?

Old 08-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: THE LONG BORING BOW REPORT RETURNS?

I like it Jeff it almost look's like ahhhhh well you know anyway's .I definately like the grip on it . Thank's for the review .If I wasn't sooo attached to my BT I might give one a try ,But I have no idea where I'd find a Ross here in Ontario.

nubo
Old 08-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

JeffB, I agree with you in that the Ross bow is a sweet shooter. Over in your other thread (where you had us guess the bow you bought) I guessed the CR337. I was lucky enough to shoot on a few weeks ago and boy was I impressed. I've shot quite a few '05 bows from different vendors but this was the only one that I wanted to take home. I'm still torn between ordering one or waiting to see what's coming out in the next few weeks for '06. [&:]
Old 08-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is NOT a JeffB report.

It's not long, it's not boring and there's no nitpicks. I don't recall a JeffB report without nitpicks included.

(and don'ttry to tell me there are none either, I know you better than that)
Old 08-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm....nitpicks...

Idon'tlikeRealtree Camo???

Seriously..contruction/QC-wise there's nothing to nitpick here Pat. This thing is flawlessly put together. Not a space, not a gap, not a finish problem that I can find. There's a couple very very light machining marks on the cam...but they are unavoidable. All the tracks are smooth/perfect. All the components are high quality. The dip quality is excellent.

I think the only thing I *maybe* would change is make the cam draw length specific. But that's a very small nitpick since nock travel doesn't seem to be an issue, and it would only net afew FPS gain in speed. It doesn't even need the stop.

Add 20 FPS? Sure. That would be even better assuming everything else stayed the same. But I can't nitpick that.

:shrug: I really don't know what to nitpick with this bow.

And Frank, now that you mention it, yes,similar to the original Redline cams.

Old 08-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice report Jeff, glad to have you back in the swing of things
Old 08-23-2005, 01:45 PM

That riser/grip/shelf area looks a lot like my old Merlin Max X. That was my favorite part fo that bow, I could not hold it wrong without knowing it immediately. They too offset the grip portion of riser just a touch, and it holds very well. My only issue with the Merlin was not having a dealer close-by. I knew that going in, and Kevin was always very helpful, but it is just nice to be able to go talk to the dealer face-to-face about things. Enjoy the new bow.

JMAC
Old 08-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

And Frank, now that you mention it, yes,similar to the original Redline cams.
There it is...ya had to say it. Now I am going to have to try to find a Ross dealer in my area. What do you think the chances of that are?
Old 08-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thx for the comments everyone

Frank. Don't know about findin a dealer, but as I understand it, if ya find a 34, ya better snatch it up. He's 2 months out on delivery for them, and is adamant about not rushing them out so QC is not compromised.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:14 AM

Glad to have you back JeffB. Thanks for the report. I do know that Sportsman's Wharehouse has signed on to be a dealer for Ross. I checked out the 2 models yesterday. Very nice looking bow, indeed.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:41 AM

Hey Jeff , Very Interesting ! I saw these bows a few months ago in a magazine and have been very curious about them since !!

So what's it like shooting.........vibration.........shot noise.......checked it on a chrono etc. ?

Very well be my next bow unless Mathews comes out with a 36-37" ata bow that I like this year !! After shooting the Conquest2 for 3-d this year..........I am getting the bug for a longer ata hunting bow again !!!

I got some Carbon Tech XP's........haven't shot a whole lot yet.........but they seem like some really good arrows ! Although they are a" little" noisy on the draw !! Take it easy ! - Brent

Quick Reply: THE LONG BORING BOW REPORT RETURNS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.