Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Easton ST Axis Obsession Versus Carbon Express Edge arrow >

Easton ST Axis Obsession Versus Carbon Express Edge arrow

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easton ST Axis Obsession Versus Carbon Express Edge arrow

Old 08-22-2005, 06:08 AM

Default Easton ST Axis Obsession Versus Carbon Express Edge arrow

Hello,

I'm looking to try the 'new' smaller diameter arrows this year. Has anyone used any of them? Technically speaking, the new concept seems to make sense, but has anyone tried them yet?

What type of carbon arrows would you highly recommend if you're against the smaller diameters?

Thanks

Old 08-22-2005, 06:42 AM

Default RE: Easton ST Axis Obsession Versus Carbon Express Edge arrow

I am shooting the Easton Axis 340's this year. I am very impressed with their speed, penetration, and overall durability.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well here is my experience with the Axis arrows. I tried them yesterday and found that they outpenetrated even heavier shafts that I had. I was shooting with a buddy ( Nubo ) and first thought that the large difference he was getting was due to the increased speed of his Dually vs my single cam but then I tried one of his Axis arrows and it just plain blew me away at the diffence in penetration. I tell you for hunting those Axis arrows are killers.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Axis are good arrows. They have some issues (or did, for all I know they coulda been worked out), but overall a decent arrow shaft. The HIT system is neat, but not the huge deal they'd like you to think it was, and comes with it's share of quirks. However I certainly wouldn't NOT take 'em in the woods If I got some straight ones (and they stay that way). I have a brand new dozen that may see some use come November.

I'd like to get my hands on some of the new CX Edge arrowstoo. But my dealer dropped CX as their #1 line and are not ordering any new poduct for 2005, so I haven't been able to test any. Historically they make a good shaft as well. Decent spine tolerance, SAS, weights, straightness can be iffy except on "Selects"

Old 08-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love my Axis's these shaft's really do out penetrate any shaft I've used in the past and I've used a few believe me .I've heard all the bad review's of the S/T Axis's ,but I haven't experienced these issue's ,so to me I have to think that some of it's bull ,I may be wroong about it but I just got some more in 340 spine which should be perfect fpor my 28" draw 60# from my BowTec Patriot Dually .As long as these shaft's keep performing like they have I'll be using them.
I usually listen to what guy's say about certain product's and then i steer clear from them ,but there was just something about the Axis's that I had to try them ,and I'm definately not disappointed .
Axis's are great shaft's regardless of what I've heard.

nubo
Old 08-22-2005, 02:54 PM

What about the easton axis 500, difference in grains, but it is still as strong???
Old 08-22-2005, 04:10 PM

I was going to give the Axis arrows a try. I went to my local pro shop and asked for a dozen bare shafts and the arrow inspector. I spun all twelve of them and I don't think there was a straight one in the bunch. I think I will stick with my Gold Tips. They sound like they would be a great arrow if they were straight. The guy behind the counter had the nerve to tell me "You are never going to notice that little wobble when you are hunting". I just thanked him and left.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Carbon Express all the way, much better built arrow.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:56 AM

The axis 500 may have too weak a spine for a fast bow. But, I don't really know that much about anything.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Beman Black Max is simmilar in construction but has slightly more mass and are cheaper than the Axis shafts.

10.4gpi on the 340 shafts

http://www.beman.com/shafts/?shaft=2

Quick Reply: Easton ST Axis Obsession Versus Carbon Express Edge arrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.