Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Biscuit vs. Drop away.. decisions ...decisions >

Biscuit vs. Drop away.. decisions ...decisions

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Biscuit vs. Drop away.. decisions ...decisions

Old 08-15-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Biscuit vs. Drop away.. decisions ...decisions

Hola everyone .... First time poster here ... I wish I knew of this place earlier :P

I am stuck at a crossroad here ... The question of a Whisker Biscuit or a drop away...

I am currently using a Matthews SQ2 and launching Easton Axis arrows with Crossfire Broadheads ...

I have been hearing lots of good things about the WB from LOTS of people ... But then I vividly remember my pro shop guy telling me that they are nothing but a gimmick. The thing he says is that any contact on the fletching is more things that could steer you arrow off . My thought is, If ALL the fletching are being contacted, then all it will do is just slow down the arrow a bit. Not effecting the flight at all
As with the Bodoodle I am using now .. The fletching keep touching one of the fingers .. no matter how much I try to align the damn nocks. Granted, its not much contact .. but is enough to hinder my ability to keep a tight group. And secondly, giving me doubts in the woods, when it really matters.
So, I come to you ... my peers.. seeking the wisdom that I desperately need. If you make a recommendation, pro drop away ..Please recommend the one you would get ... remember I'm a Hunter .. so I would need something that would not easily fall off my rest
Old 08-15-2005, 06:59 AM

Default RE: Biscuit vs. Drop away.. decisions ...decisions

two different schools of thought, one says capture and hold the arrow all the way through the draw and power stroke, , the other says capture and then drop away and don't interfere at all. what theroy do ya like?? They both work and they both are as accurate as you are. don't know why someone would call one a gimmick???

by the way I prefere the capture and then drop away and don't interfere theory...
Old 08-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

What bow are you shooting?
Old 08-15-2005, 10:20 AM

I just swiched from the savage drop away to the wb and so far i love it i also shoot the axis so i got the small bisquit no problems so far.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:01 AM

I am currently shooting a Matthews SQ2 at 67lbs
Old 08-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a bisquit for a while and now use an APA twister Safari which is a full capture ( can't drop arrow ) drop away. As for your pro shop guy, just a very uninformed biased opinion on his part. Bisquits work quite well. Lots of people use them with great success. I sold mine because I felt it was a little noisy on draw back but a smoother finish arrow likely would have solved that issue.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:42 PM

Troll,
I have tested the B-2 whisker biscuit mounted on an older Hoyt Havoc bow in a Hooter-Shooter. The bow was paper tuned at 3' using the correct spine arrow. After papertuning a target was set at a distance of 35yards and the bow was shot from the Hooter-Shooter. The arrow hit the exact same hole 12times in a row! If your bow is in tune and you are shooting a whisker biscuit with the correct spine arrow you will fill your freezer!

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 08-15-2005, 01:50 PM

That API Safari ... Looks intersting .. I see tubing material on the contaiment part .. but it looks like bare metal on the actual rest/draw area... I take there is a type of teflon you can put on that ?
Old 08-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

T442,
They come with a felt type tape that seems to last forever and makes arrows totally silent. No noise at all. I have the SL version which is a side load much like a Wisker bisquit QS. The non side load version comes with teflen sleeves I believe.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:34 AM

Im going to take a look at those at the local shop .. Thanks for you suggestion

Quick Reply: Biscuit vs. Drop away.. decisions ...decisions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.