Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
whisker buiscuit accurate?? >

whisker buiscuit accurate??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whisker buiscuit accurate??

Old 09-30-2002, 10:27 AM
CG

Default RE: whisker buiscuit accurate??

Cutting a notch in the bisquit has no affect on accuracy. The arrow is still fully captured and you just make sure that one of the vanes doesn't go through the notch. I'm getting 5-7 inch groups at 60 yards.

"What we do in this life echos an eternity"
Old 09-30-2002, 11:29 AM

I woudl imagine you should be good out to 40 yards - not sure about beyond. the rest should give good arrow flight but might slow it down a little. I have never tested this rest so I am no expert on it.

Old 09-30-2002, 05:28 PM
CG

You guys that are having your vanes ripped off after one or two shots through the bisquit need to have somebody else refletch your arrows.....that's NOT normal by any means....I've got arrows that I bought from a major retailor that have over 100 shots on the vanes and they're fine....and the fletching job stunk, so you guys must have some serious fletching problems......

"What we do in this life echos an eternity"
Old 10-01-2002, 03:22 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
You guys that are having your vanes ripped off after one or two shots through the bisquit need to have somebody else refletch your arrows.....that's NOT normal by any means....I've got arrows that I bought from a major retailor that have over 100 shots on the vanes and they're fine....and the fletching job stunk, so you guys must have some serious fletching problems......<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>I have tons of arrows that I have shot throught the WB. I damaged one vane, and these are the cheap Terminator arrows from wally-world. My brother in law tears vanes off like it's going out of style. He has his arrows done at the proshop, using the expensive GoldTips. I think it's more in the workmanship than in the product, in his case.

Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish.
Marcus Fabius Quintilianus (35 AD - 100 AD)
Old 10-01-2002, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

I have to agree with you on the fletching problems. The original arrows were the Cabelas Carbon Hunter 60/80 arrows that retail out at $47.95. I had them refletched at a good shop and now I dont see the problem, at least yet. I took 3 arrows and ran em through the biscuit maybe 40 times (the shoulder is feelin it) and the only thing I have to report is that all 3 vanes are still secure but all 3 have gotten the wavy appearance. They still fly true so no skin off my nose. All in all I like the biscuit, its simple and secure and at 270fps from an older Darton keeps enough speed for my needs
Old 10-01-2002, 06:04 AM

Rodsmith,

If you wave those wavy vanes over a flame, the heat will straigten them out very quickley. Just don't hold them over the flame too long.

Old 10-01-2002, 06:46 AM

I've had my Biscuit for about a month and have about 500 shots through it. I shoot Gold Tips hunters and have no damage to my fletchings at all. I think this is because I'm using the one for Alumn arrows for shooting carbons. I've had no tuning problems and my groups are very tight. The only negative that I have with it is the slight loss of speed.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:55 AM

Ok I have a question for the guys that have their vanes tore by the biscuit. What happens to your vanes when you have a pass through or near pass through on your targets? I have a couple of bows & a couple of tagets and shoot what ever I can every single day even if it's just 20 shots. I shoot my targets until the arrows pass through and just drop out the other side and have no problems with my vanes comming off. I just can't see how a soft bristle rest will tear your vanes off when my targets don't even do it.
Old 10-05-2002, 08:26 PM

I have the WB on my hunting bow and back up bow. I have shot them for about 4 years now. I hunt all over the US and Canada. You need to have someone fletch your arrows that Knows what they are doing. It is as accurate as any rest I have ever used. I can shoot about any rest I want, but I choose the WB any questions E mail me [email protected]
Old 10-06-2002, 12:23 PM

I converted to the NAP QT2000 from a WB a couple months ago. Had it tuned pretty well, but had an occasional flier. Yesterday, I realized that I was having contact problems with the drop away. I would have had to make some major adjustments to the rest to clear this up. (If your interested, do a search on the NAP QT2000. There's a few threads on this problem.)

I didn't have trouble with my Original WB and my first hunt is coming quick, so I put it back on. A few shots later, sub 2&quot; groups @ 20 yards with no contact. Bare shaft tuning is easy and quick with this rest.

As far as vane damage... Beman ICS vanes wrinkle, get black smudges on them and the front pulls away from the arrow. I refletched with AAE vanes and they stay straight, don't get smudges and don't pull away. This is all with the Arizone EZFletch, 6deg helical.

Quick Reply: whisker buiscuit accurate??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.