Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
whisker buiscuit accurate?? >

whisker buiscuit accurate??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whisker buiscuit accurate??

Old 09-26-2002, 11:04 AM

Default whisker buiscuit accurate??

I have a couple of WBs and am wondering what kind of accuracy to expect. I am preety good out to 20 yards..say 3in groups. Would it help to get a drop away? Has anyone done a comparison of a drop away vs. the WB?
My guess is that the slightly decreased accuracy is nmore than compensated by the convenience of the WB.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:19 AM

Default RE: whisker buiscuit accurate??

I don't know if anyone has actually studied the difference in accuracy of a whisker biscuit compared to other rests. It seems almost everyone assumes that it is a little less accurate. Myself, my groups are as good with it, as with any other rest I've used.

I read somewhere that one experienced archer thought there might be some advantages to shooting through a rest that guides the arrow. Also, one of the major advantages of larger fletching or helical fletching, is the increased drag on the rear of the arrow, which straightens the front end out and gets it traveling in the right direction. I've often wondered if the biscuit contributes to this straightening because of the increased drag it applies to the rear end of the arrow, as the fletching goes through.

It just may be that the whisker biscuit is more accurate in some circumstances.

Old 09-26-2002, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used the wb last year , switched to the Nap2000 dropaway earlier this year , and recently switched back to the whisker biscuit. There was absolutely no difference in accuracy , so I decided to keep it simple. Imo you cant get much simpler than the whisker biscuit.

"Nocked,cocked & ready to rock"
Old 09-26-2002, 01:47 PM

The WB definitely has less parts than drop aways, but I dont care for the idea of having to run my arrow backward through the WB to nock it...

It is a nice hunting rest because of its ability to hold the arrow.
Old 09-26-2002, 02:13 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>... but I dont care for the idea of having to run my arrow backward through the WB to nock it...<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Why do you have to do that? I load both broadheads and field points, tip first, throught the rest.

Old 09-26-2002, 02:20 PM

You can also rotate the biscuit to where the slit is at 10 0'clock and then cut a knotch big enough for the arrow shaft to go through and load it up that way.
Old 09-26-2002, 03:01 PM

I've never liked the idea of running my broadheads through the whiskers. Don't want to damage the whiskers (probably doesn't anyway but I dont want to take a chance).

I dont see why you would want to cut a notch in the WB. That defeats the idea of having the arrow held from all directions.

Overall I like the rest.
Old 09-26-2002, 05:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-26-2002, 08:37 PM

Siskyou,

I typically don't shoot much past 50 yards and I'm not the best shot in the world. My groups at 50 are usually around 6&quot;. On a good day, I'll have a few 3&quot; groups, so I'm sure it's me, not the rest or the bow. I can't do any better than that with my other rests. I don't use a peep either, so I really don't expect a whole lot better.

Old 09-29-2002, 06:27 PM

hi j i would try to sell those biscut,s while you can. i had one on my bow and it raped the vanes off my arrows. my first six arrows all lost one vane each. i went to a trap door and really like it. i am careful with my bow and to hear everyone outhere sounds like alot of them are not . all i hear is what if this or what if that. it could happen with a t-m hunter too but they don,t tell you that do they? I WILL! it could happen no matter what kind of rest you have on you're bow. regardless you have to be caREFUL NO MATTER WHAT. GOOD LUCK ONEFANG

Edited by - onefang on 09/30/2002 15:28:12

Quick Reply: whisker buiscuit accurate??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.