HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   spot hogg (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/108844-spot-hogg.html)

DOPVFT 08-14-2005 08:12 AM

spot hogg

I am thinking about picking one of the spot hogg sights, probably the real deal. I have a copper John dead nutz now. How much of a difference will there be between the 2 in terms of adjustability.
thanks

30ace 08-14-2005 10:21 AM

RE: spot hogg

I am not familiar with spot hogg sights but i do have a hooter shooter shooting machine by spotthog.If the hooter shooter is like there sights they will have excellent adjustments and durability.

Swamp Dawg 08-14-2005 05:24 PM

I used to use the CJ Dead nuts pro but recently switched to a Spot-Hogg Hunter Hogg-It. No comparision in my book. The Spot-Hogg is infinitely better. The individual adjustment of the pins is a little tricky until you get used to it, but well worth it once you get it figured out. The adjustability is what sets it apart from the competition.

JeramyK 08-14-2005 05:32 PM

I'm using the Hunter Hogg-it also. I absolutely love it. I switched from a HHA OL-5000 and I'm glad I did.

DOPVFT 08-15-2005 05:51 PM

swamp dawg what made them tricky to figure out?

IL_BOW_MAN 08-16-2005 07:02 AM

Well to adjust the pins, you have to loosen one set screw and then tighten another. It sounds like a pain, but once you get the hang of it, you can adjust pins in about 5 seconds. And then there is no loosening a screw and trying to slide the pin and the pin moving 1/4". It is very small adjustments and very easy to do.

I wouldn't trade my spot hogg for anything on the market. Absolutely love it!!

Swamp Dawg 08-16-2005 04:23 PM

It's just as IL BOW MAN said. You have to loosen one screw and tighten another to make adjustments. I actually prefer it now, but it was a little difficult to figure out as I did not know what I was doing :eek:. I felt like the manual was a little vague as well in this area. Once you figure it out, it works great.

nubo 08-16-2005 05:01 PM

I have the Real Deal on my bow and I love it for 3D but I found the .019 pin's just wouldn't keep me in the bush long enough to finish the hunt ,so I changed to the Impact archery Cosmic for whitetail hunting .I now have the .029 pin's and Im going to add a longer fiber core to my pin's this year and hopefully that will do the trick ,I know you can also get a light for it ,but I like o be different.The Spott Hogg sight's are as tough as they get ,and really are easy to adjust ,once you figure out the screw's as the other's have said .
The Spott Hogg is a little pricey compared to the Deadnutz but it's well worth the money .

nubo