Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Magnus Stinger's >

Magnus Stinger's

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Magnus Stinger's

Old 08-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Magnus Stinger's

I am trying to decide between the 2 Blade and 4 Blade please HELP. Thanks
Old 08-13-2005, 09:45 PM

Default RE: Magnus Stinger's

I always go with 4 blades, and this is why. Inches of "slice". Ok, let's say a deer is 10 inches wide, and you shoot a 2 blade broadhead. That equates to 20 inches of slice, not including the cutting diameter of the head. Now, let's say you are using a 4 blade head on the same deer. Now you have 40 inches of slice. More cut = more blood = dead deer faster and easier to find. Go with 4.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

No reason not to go with the 4 blade, they *should* shoot the same as the 2 blade. I have the 100 grain 4 blade and they shoot AWESOME.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:08 AM

Another vote for 4, they fly the same....
Old 08-14-2005, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

4 blade if your shooting 50 ft/lbs of Ke or better and going after deer size game. If you are under 50 ft/lbs of Ke or going after really larger game such as moose/elk, you may want to consider going with the two blade versions.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the advice 4 blade is what I'll shoot!! The main reason I was wondering is because I had shot the 2 blade and loved how it flew. And I did not know if the 4 Blade would fly the same.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:50 PM

I have the 4 blade and they fly rite with the feild points!!
Old 08-15-2005, 04:12 AM

Yep. I'm a firm believer in the four blade. And they do fly right with my fieldtips.

TEXAS
Old 08-15-2005, 04:51 AM

Since I'm a two blade Stinger guy, I'll give you my reasons why. If you hit them in the lungs, it won't matter much if it's one blade or 10, the animal will usually be dead within 10-15 seconds. The four blade causes more damage and the two blade has a greater chance of being a pass through. Since they both end up being dead, I'll take the greater chance of an exit hole.

If you don't hit them in the lungs, then you have to deal with a problem, no matter what head you use. An off-hit is most often a gut shot, a shoulder hit or a spine shot. In the guts, the deer is dead with either, and both will require a long wait. With a shoulder or spine shot, your chances of adequate penetration are much greater with the two blade.

There are other little things to consider. Four blades equal more area to push the arrow off track in high wind situations. Four blades also equal greater odds of hitting a twig or deflecting off another inconspicuous object. It is also much easier to sharpen a two blade broadhead without having to purchase replacement blades.

Many consider the four blade to be a slam dunk no decision option, but they haven't convinced me.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

Straightarrow- Now you have got me thinking. You make some great points!!! Now I am back at square one I guess.

Quick Reply: Magnus Stinger's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.