HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   string loops??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/108510-string-loops.html)

bumkin 08-10-2005 10:47 PM

string loops???

what is the big upside to all these new loops being sold today and what type of releases work best with them?

hunohio 08-11-2005 07:07 AM

RE: string loops???

One advantage is you are minimizing abrasion to the string serving by shooting off a loop. You are also able to get rid of any brass nock sets you had on the string. Additionally, I find having my release directly behind the arrow, rather thanbelow it, allows me to shoot more consistently. A loop also allows you some additional fine tuning relative to draw length. As for releases, other than a few like the Winn C-10 that are made specifically to shoot off the string, almost any release will work with a loop (single and double caliper and hook releases).

burniegoeasily 08-11-2005 08:49 AM

ditto hunohio

As for the release, just about any. I have found the string releases dont work very well or the old flipper type.

StevenA 08-11-2005 10:31 AM

I have a horrible problem with target panic :(, which has led to my use of a back tension release. I practice all off season with the back tension release then switch to a trigger for hunting. Is it possible to use a back tension release with a loop?

burniegoeasily 08-11-2005 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: StevenA

I have a horrible problem with target panic :(, which has led to my use of a back tension release. I practice all off season with the back tension release then switch to a trigger for hunting. Is it possible to use a back tension release with a loop?
Good question. I have no experience with back tens releases.

JoshKeller 08-11-2005 12:41 PM

If its the half moon type with the hook, then yes. If its a caliper, then yes. I think most BT releases come with a rope to wrap around the string. Just take this off and hook the hook onto your string loop.

30ace 08-13-2005 09:27 AM

The evil of archery target panic.The only thing that can hold a bow still is a machine.In college we were taught by the shooting coach about force of motion circle.I thought he was crazy.He told use to aim and hold on center and start making a circle in the target he said don't fight the motion just let it flow. That first time my circle was large i hit out in the 5 ring on the target.After alot of practice i found my circles size decreased and i was dancing in the ten ring.For your target panic also have you tried shooting with your eyes closed for mind conditioning.Stand 5ft from the target close your eyes and draw the bow back when it feels comfortable release the arrow.I have helped several people combat target panic using these methods.The bad news is it can comeback.

wildlifepopulationcontrolexpert 08-13-2005 10:14 AM

Be careful. If you pull back and the loop breaks...so will your nose.

TrophyBux 08-13-2005 10:17 AM

30ace, I agree 100% with you about the motion circle. It has helped me tremendously. At first, it doesn't seem right, but like you said, only a machine can hold it absolutely still.

hawg man 09-09-2005 09:30 PM

Tried them,Don,t really care for them. I serve my string when it looks wore. I dont like to shorten my DL on the bow because the loop has my draw back to far. I shot 28 in draw, with loop I have to shoot 27. We have shot that way for years.