Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need advice on Blazers. >

Need advice on Blazers.

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need advice on Blazers.

Old 08-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need advice on Blazers.

I tried to do a search on this, but for some reason I can't get it to come through, so please forgive me if this has been asked alot. I am getting ready to fletch up a dozen goldtip hunters with the blazers and wanted some feedback. I have heard that you should use the wraps for better adhesion. Is this really necessary? I have the blazer wraps in case I do. Also, what is this best glue to use on these vanes, the fast set kind, ora glue like the bohning platinum? Any advice and help would be appreciated. By the way, anyone using these vanes with3 blade muzzy's, how is your flight with these vanes and do you think they will workgood on a hunting arrow? Good luck to all. Bhunter32.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need advice on Blazers.

I have a half dozen GT XT Hunters fletched up the Blazers, and just got done doing a half dozen Beman ICS Camo Hunters with Blazers as well. I use the Bohning Platinum cement glue and get good adhesion. I scrape the glue off the shafts and clean them with 90% isopropyl alcohol. The adhesion has been really good, just make sure you put a small drop of glue on the ends of the vane and they're fine. I don't think that the Platinum glue adheres the vanes as well and cyanoacrylate (superglue) type adhesives because it creates a softer bond, but I like it because if you ever damage or lose a vane, the remaining adhesive is easy to clean off. CA glues create a harder but more brittle bond that has to be scraped off with a knife.

Mike
Old 08-09-2005, 07:42 AM

I use the Blazers on my CX200's. I don't think you need the wraps for better adhesion but they look cool. I use the EZE Crest wraps. I have used the Bohning Gel without any problems but now I use a generic Krazy Glue gel since it is the same thing and a lot cheaper. I like the CA glues because I can fletch faster. I usually wait about 2 minutes per fletch and can do 6 arrows while watching TV. The wraps do make it easier to clean and re-fletch the arrows.

I have never used Muzzy broadheads, GASP!!!!, but the Blazers fly great with mechanicals, Thunderheads and I just bought some Wasp Sharpshooters and they are grouping the same as my field points.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. By the way, is their any special prep you need to do on the blazers before fletching? I know on some vanes it is suggested to clean the vane base before using them. Keep some feedback coming my way, as I am really interested in seeing what everyone thinks of these vanes, their durability, and accuracy with fixed blade heads. Good luck.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:48 AM

No prep is necessary. In fact, don't clean the base of the vanes as there is an accelerator already applied to them at the factory. Just clean the arrow shafts with soap and water and/or alcohol.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

G2shooter, thanks alot, you have answered my questions and told me what I wanted to know. Let me run one more by you. I am going to shoot the goldtip prohunters out of my 05 ultratec and have a question about my rest choice. I bought a nap 3000 micro rest that was made for the hoyt riser. I usually have my arrows fletched right at 4 degrees. Will clearance be an issue on this rest as it is not a drop away? I see that the blazers are a little taller than the duravanes I have been using. I don't have anything against drop aways, because to be honest, I have never used one. I sort of like the keep it simple stupid method. I am not totally against it though as like any other archery nut, I like trying new stuff too. Theirare so many drop aways on the market and like everything else everyone has their favorites. Any help or suggestions that you or anyone else can give me would be appreciated. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:25 AM

BHunter32,

My friend and I both use the Blazers and we love them. He shoots them on Gold tips and I shoot Radial X-Weave shafts. Between the two of us we have used several different glues. We both use arrow wraps. I was shooting 3 blade Muzzys and the Blazers controlled them great. I now use 4 blade Muzzys with the same great results.

The Blazers are all I'll use until something better comes along.

Kev
Old 08-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Dominant Buck

They will stick fine to the shaft itself with a fletch tite platinum or thejell. I have never used wraps but think im going to start using them. Not so much for adhesion rather to reduce the damage to my shafts from being striped and reflected. I have boogered up a shaft or twostriping them. [/align]
Old 08-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

I use a 4" wrap but have fletched arrows without them. I use the Goat Tuff glue. It is expensive but it dries in the time it takes you to get another vane out of the package. It holds great also.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

it all comes down to shaft preparation. the wiil stick well to the wraps. keep it clean w/ denatured alcohol and just wipe the vanes to be xtra sure. You can use the bohning adhesive as they recommend because it i stheres or you can use the Tim's goat tuff, Bob smith's maxi cure etc. As long as the shafts are prepped correctly they will work. hope this helps

Quick Reply: Need advice on Blazers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.