Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 removing arrow wraps >

removing arrow wraps

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

removing arrow wraps

Old 08-05-2005, 01:39 PM

Default removing arrow wraps

Looking for the best way to remove arrow wrap for refletching. Any ideas? thanks
Old 08-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: removing arrow wraps

A sharp knife?[8D]Seriously.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:02 PM

Just use a razor blade, same thing you use to take the vanes off.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:26 AM

I think boiling or hot water does the job better, but I could be wrong, I havent had to remove any yet.

I thought the whole reason we used wraps was so that we didnt have to put knives to our precious carbon arrows?

Try the hot water method, you have nothing to lose, you wont ruin the arrow as long as the water doesnt melt it, (which Im sure it wont) and you're obviously trying to get rid of the fletchings, so who cares what happens to them. Even if they melted into little mounds of colored poo.....

If that doesnt work try a hair dryer, andas a last ditch efforta KNIFE. (((((scream)))) [:@][]
Old 08-06-2005, 12:13 PM

I actually use a razor knife that is a little dull. I found that a real sharp blade can cut into the carbon. I have stripped and re-fletched my ACC's more times then I can count over the past few years without any problems.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:11 PM

Ihav etired both methods and both have worked fine. The knife is a little fatser...Just be sure to clean the shaft prior to putting on a new wrap..
Old 08-08-2005, 08:20 AM

When I remove my wraps for refletching, I do the following.

1- Grab the vanes with a pair of pliers and just rip them off. The vanes come off fine and pull some of the wrap off with them. I put my fingers on either side of the vane to give the shaft support.
2- Peel off as much of the wrap as I can by hand. It's not hard, just get your nail under it and pull it off slowly. This usually leaves three strips where the glue is.
3- Apply some De-Bonder on the wrap and wait a minute or two. Then I just scrape the rest off. Clean up with some soap and water and your ready for new wraps.