Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Are Limbsavers and all the shock dampiners >

Are Limbsavers and all the shock dampiners

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Are Limbsavers and all the shock dampiners

Old 08-01-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Are Limbsavers and all the shock dampiners

worth the money? Do they realy help? And string silencer, really need them with todays bows(Hoyt)
Old 08-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Are Limbsavers and all the shock dampiners

The Sims line works very well, however I shy away from their Leeches based on price coupled with their lack of durability on faster bows. I tried everything to keep those arms on, but went back to whiskers in the end.The Limbsavers make a huge difference, although like most Sims products, they're probably making a killing on us.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion, yes they are worth every penny. Personally, I prefer a quiet slower bow, than a fast loud bow. Personally, I have 3 different sets of Limb Savers on my bow, plus 4 string bats. But I have a different style bow than you do, so 3 sets is probably over kill. From what I have heard, string bats work just as good as leeches, but last alot longer.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

I disagree with whoever you heard the String Bat opinion on Dairy King. They left a very audible twang after the shot on my Patriot. The Leeches win hands down over the Bats in this respect, although the Bats are much more durable than the Leeches. I wanted the Bats to work given their cost, but I couldn't tolerate the resonance. The cat whiskers, when properly tied, look good IMO and work just as well as Leeches at 1/4 the cost. The drawback is that to tie them right can take a bit of time.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:16 PM

Yes, they work very well. And yes, todays bows are already especially quiet, but after installing alpha shox, wow, I can hardly hear it at all. The string silencers do help. They eliminate the noise of the reverberation of the string. Holy cow...did I just say that??? [&:]
Old 08-01-2005, 05:59 PM

YES they are worth it. I have also heard that the string leeches for crossbows hold up well on faster bows.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Limb savers and catwhiskers will do a great job and for less than $20.00!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:16 AM
Dominant Buck

I have LimbSavers , String Leeches , and their modular stabilizer mounted on my recurve , the difference in the noise compared to straight out of the box is amazing . It's now about as quiet as any of the compounds I've seen .
Old 08-02-2005, 09:04 AM

In my opinion, limb savers/alpha shox are one of the best things that can be done for a bow regarding silencing and removing vibrations. By doing this, you also increase the life of your bow. As mentioned earlier, string leeches work well too, but they don't last very long on the faster bows. Good shooting!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Limbsavers work great, though I'd use alpha shox on a Hoyt. Most shock blocking stabilizers also work as advertised, some better on some bows, others better on other bows.

Leeches though.... IMO, leeches are appropriately named... something hyped up to leech a little extra cash out of the pockets of the gullible. I hate leeches - and refer to all the solid rubber silencers as leeches - and for good reason.

Catwhiskers cost practically nothing and, when installed properly, will outlast the bowstring. (Good for knowledgeable shooters, not so good for profit minded businesses!) Catwhiskers work just as well at quieting the string, if not better, than leeches. Catwhiskers are safe. If they do come apart, they just fall into individual strands and scatter on the ground. They won't break off during the shot, ricochet off the bow limb and fly 10 feet - with force - to nail someone else in the eye. (Fortunately, even though it hurt like hell, all I got was a busted blood vessel in the corner of my eye.)

Potentially dangerous product that's also a ripoff... Did I mention I hate leeches? [:'(]

Quick Reply: Are Limbsavers and all the shock dampiners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.